My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm Joining the Daughters of the American Revolution

I'm so excited! I'm going to my first DAR meeting tomorrow, and it's a Christmas luncheon. Tara and Tiffany, if you're ever interested in joining, I can help you as well. Dan and Steve, I believe there is a SAR you can join as well. I thought you all might like to know that we have *12+* Revolutionary War ancesters!!! Grandma Gardner(who is now 88) gave me this list of our ancesters, so I thought I would post it so you could have it as well. You all should give her a ring, she's so fun to talk to and very intellegent!!!

Nicholas W. Dorsy is who I'm going to use for my DAR application.
Isham Sellers/priv. NC m. Eunice Vann
Enock Ashby/VA m. Sarah Henley
Peter Ashby/priv. m. Winifried Timmons
Thomas Brown/public service, VA m. Marry Pettos
Charles Browning/capt., VA m. Mary Wade Strother
Roger Cocke Bailey/ VA m. Mourning Hoskins
Stephen Fisher/VA m. Mary Magdaline Gaar
Thomas McClannahan/VA m. Ann "Nancy" Green
William McClannahan/Capt. m. Mary Marshall
John Shayden/1st Lt., VA m. Susannah Hodges

and others!

I also hope to scan some pictures she sent me, that I think you might enjoy! I love you guys, and miss you lot's!!! Check back soon.

~Trina

1 comment:

Tara said...

That is so cool, Trina! I admire your interest in family history. When I lived in Cedar City, I used to go to the family history library every week and I love finding out about our ancestors. But I have given it up for a while. You've inspired me to get back to it. I would also love to talk to Gma Gardner. I live so close to her... I think we need to take a drive down to Moab and visit her again. If only gas weren't so expensive.