My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blessings of the Day

  • Sleeping in
  • Kids helping me clean
  • enjoying a cleaner house
  • my husband has a job
  • my husband felt good enough to go to work after a Crohn's flare-up last night
  • I lost a pound
  •  healthy food- currently really enjoying the blueberries on sale for $.99/pint., did you know they are an anti-inflammatory?  Aaron had some tonight hoping to help with his Crohn's
  • free piano lessons from Emily (well I'm babysitting for her to receive these lessons, so awesome) for Katie and I
  •  learning how to play the hymns "There is a Green Hill Far Away" and "How Firm a Foundation," even if they're in the simpler version
  • great girl chat over lunch with my friend Charlotte
  • our kids had fun together
  • teaching my children
  • giggling  with Anderson while we roughhoused on the floor
  • visiting the sister I teach with my companion-- so much fun chatting
  • talking with my husband about life
  • sunshine and rain
  • flowers
  • a working vehicle
  • relaxing
  • the scriptures
  • prayer
  • the Holy Ghost
I have so many blessings, what are some of yours?

6 comments:

Leahona said...

amazing friends like you are my biggest blessings!

Rebecca said...

What a lovely day! I love getting to know you and your family through your posts! Some day, probably at the next family reunion, I would love to sit down and have a nice long chat. Some of my blessings are the same as yours: a kind husband, loving kids, warm weather... maybe I should blog about this too!

Larry said...

I count among my greatest blessings the amazing women our sons have married. They epitomize the words of Proverbs 31:10-12:

"Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

Thank you, dear daughters-in-law for being such righteous women--you are all God's gift to our family.

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

love the piana for babysitting idea. What lovely blessings you have you posted. Thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

Amen, good attitude! Little jealous of the blueberries for .99/pint though.. yum! They ARE an anti-inflammatory, I forgot about that, I ate those things like crazy when I was marathon training. Might help your knees if they're still bothering you.. and don't forget the ibuprofen! Runner's best friend. Although some swear by Aleve.. same thing, both work I think.

Trina Barry said...

You all made my day yesterday! Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!