My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Camping Trip to the White Mountains

Well, now that life is starting to calm down, and get back to normal, I guess I should liven up my blog a bit. I was so bummed that we lost our entire summer due to the move, and the kids school starting in July-- but the camping trip to White Mountains made up for it. We all had a blast! It's much cooler than Tucson, and there were pine trees! I felt like I could stay there 4-ever! Morgan found his love for fishing, and begged us constantly to let him go. Aaron's not much of a fisherman, but he was such a good father, and took all the kids to the pier several times. I of course was thrilled because that meant "kid free" relaxation for me, something which is extremely rare these days. The kids and I didn't want to leave. I told Aaron he could visit us on weekends, and that we had found our new home, but for some reason, that didn't fly.

Here's some pics of our Campground. We stayed at Fool's Hollow State Park. There was a nice river next to our campground, but it was down a slope. Morgan and the kids loved going down there to fish, and they even found a nest of baby squirrels in the rocks. This was Anderson's 1st camping trip, and he was a real trooper. He seemed to enjoy it, and he even went down easily at night. Since we camped in Sho Low, and that's relatively close to snowflake, we went there and looked at some of the old homes the pioneers lived in. We also went to a Sweet Corn Festival in Taylor, and the kids had a ton of fun jumping on this Velcro thing. Here's a video of Sarah jumping away!


Christian going down a inflatable slide thingy!


I think our favorite stop was at the Petrified Forest. It was amazing, and beautiful! If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend stopping. I wish we would have had more time to explore all the park had to offer. Here's some great pics of the park, and the kiddos.






4 comments:

Tara said...

What a cool camping trip. You guys are way cooler than us. We always end up complaining about being up all night with the kids. Looks like you guys had a great time. The kids all look so cute!! Anderson looks a lot older since March. Oh and that velcro thing looks cool! I want to try it!

Ashlie said...

You guys really did have fun! We're going to have to try that.

P Kirkwood said...

Hi Barry Bunch,
We sure do miss you up here in Washington. It's good to be able to see the fun you are having. Anna really misses Sarah Hope you get to have much more fun near your new home.

Chardell said...

That looks so fun! We need to start camping. It's nice to see a blog update! I'm glad things are going well.