My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sleep Deprived!


Here I am again...up in the middle of the night. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever sleep through the night again. I used to, ya know. I remember sleeping so well...but those days are long past (thanks to pregnancy, kids, and a wee bit of anxiety from time to time). My Anderson finally sleeps wonderfully, in fact, he goes to bed around 8:30, and sometimes sleeps to 10 a.m.--I know, a dream baby! Unfortunately, Christian always likes to wake up around 8:00. He always BEGS me to put on Care bears, and of course he wants breakfast. He has no patience (that comes from Aaron), and he's very persistent (that comes from me), which ='s ANNOYING, especially when you have woken up at least 3-4 times a night for various reasons. So what's keeping me up these days? Just when Anderson has decided that he LOVES his crib (yes, he laughs when we put him down--I love it!), WHAM!!! I'm PREGNANT! I always have to pee numerous times during pregnancy, it's such a pain! I also have allergies, which I can't take anything for during PREGNANCY! So I get up, go to the bathroom, decide I'm hungry, and very thirsty. I get a small bite to eat, drink lot's of water (I know I'm creating a vicious cycle when I do this), and then I realize I can't breathe. My nose is all stuffed up. I'm also uncomfortable. So I get on the computer, or read my scriptures, or say my prayers, or just sit there trying to get comfortable. Last night I coughed so hard (thank-you allergies), it triggered my stomach to turn, which-- well, I'll leave it at that. Anyways, this is one of MANY reasons why I disdain pregnancy. I love babes, but I always question why I allow myself to go through the same, old process, time and time again? It's worth it, I know.

9 comments:

Trina Barry said...

Did I mention heartburn!?!

Ashlie said...

You poor thing. I so sympathize with you. I used to sleep wonderfully and now even though my kids sleep through the night I still toss and turn. And pregnancy . . . yeah. Yuck. I love the babies but hate the getting them here too. Hope you getting feeling better soon. One trick I try when I can't go back to sleep is to sit and think of something very simple that I would like to dream about and really try to focus on that. Usually I can't sleep due to a gazillion thoughts racing through my head so sometimes that works.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry! I don't particularly like being pregnant myself, but you're right, the babies are worth it. Good luck feeling better soon. If you need anything, let me know.

amyraye said...

total bummer, i know. and it's not like you can even look forward to sleeping after the baby comes either, cuz we know that's not gonna happen!
if there's anyone i know who functions so well without sleep it's you, Trina. you're a machine! i know your kids won't even know their mom had a crummy night's sleep cuz you just keep on going. try to get a nap in when christian's pre-occupied with the care bears.

Tara said...

Wow he laughs when you put him to bed! Now there's one I've never heard before. That's awesome. Jarom makes a lot of noise when we put him in his crib, but it's definitely not laughing! :) He's getting smart though- when he knows it's time for bed, he clings to me like a monkey and rests his head on my shoulder like, "please rock me, I'll go right to sleep, please don't dump me in my crib." And he gets what he wants.
Dude no wonder you hate being pregnant, that sucks! I haven't really experienced sleeping problems (you may remember that I sleep like the dead), but I do remember peeing in the middle of the night. And it's true, you are the most amazing sleep-deprived person I know! I get plenty of sleep and I'm not nearly as fun/nice/effective as you! You go girl. :)

Rob, Brooke, Breanna and Ethan said...

congrats on the pregnancy trina! we definitely miss you and your family. it's so nice to see the updates on your blog and hear what's going on with your family. also, that is GREAT that he loves the crib! what a blessing!

Donna Shoop said...

Congrats! You're a wonderful mom! I would of never know you went through all those things and are sleep deprived! miss ya!

Chardell said...

Oh my gosh! You're pregnant? Congratulations! Did I miss that post? Now I'll have to go back and check. How far are you? Email me! chardellw4@yahoo.com

Leahona said...

Hey! Congrats! That is so exciting, We are so happy for you. I am glad things are going well for you. How far along are you?