My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Reading

My book list is getting really long!  I belong to a women's book club, and love it!  I get so busy, that I know I wouldn't make the effort to read as much without it.

For March we're reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.  A good classic!  I'm only on the 6th Chapter, and I'm already hooked.  The language is very formal, so it is a challenge for me, but it's understandable as well.

For April, I'm hosting.  I had a hard time choosing since I don't have much time to read other than what we're reading for book club.  My friend Aimee suggested Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
by Jaime Ford.  I've already read a few chapters in that, and it drew me in right away.  I can't wait to dive into it.

The kids and I are reading Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren.  They're in a book club as well.

As I have mention before, Morgan and I are singing in the Stake Choir.  What does that have to do with reading?  The Stake President specifically asked that we increase our scripture reading, and try to read everyday until the performance.  So I've taken on his challenge.  I've been trying to fit in as much time for scripture reading as possible.  If I can't read, I'll listen to the scriptures on my phone while driving.  I often wonder why I don't always read more.  I'm so much more able to enjoy the scriptures and get far more out of them, when I read more at a time!  I'm also hoping, with all this additional scripture reading, that I will feel closer to the spirit.  I'm searching for a few answers in prayer right now, and I need all the help I can get.

On a totally unrelated side note--  I have strained my neck.  Ouch!  I did it a few days ago, and unfortunately it is not improving.  I'm really not liking this!  It hurts when I don't move at all, when I sleep, when I sit.  Please tell me this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow that is a lot of reading. Some good ones though. Remember when you made me Pippi Longstocking for Halloween once and I cried? I didn't really even know who she was and I didn't want a hanger in my hair, haha. Now I think that may have been one of my coolest costumes! Thanks for helpin' a sista out!