My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lesson #2- Sometimes We Have to Figure Out the Answers to Our Problems, On Our Own

Sometimes in life, we come across a problem that seems way too big to solve on our own. During times like these, we may turn to family, friends, and even clergy for guidance and direction.

I am learning that there are times in life when you must figure things out on your own, except your really not completely alone, because our Heavenly Father will help you.

I came across this article in the Ensign the other day, and loved it! Finding Answers by Joseph Fielding McConkie

There is a key phrase in this article that stood out to me, "It is not the design of heaven that we be rescued from all difficult situations, Rather, it is the Lord's will that we learn how to handle them."

3 comments:

Larry said...

Wise counsel--from you and from Brother McConkie--thanks!

Tara said...

Yup, I like how you put that. I pray often that as I think through a decision that the spirit will be with me. So even when I've "figured it out on my own," I know the Lord has had a hand in it. I think that's what you are saying? You just put it a little more beautifully. :)

Trina Barry said...

Tara, I think I was way too heavy on others, looking for an answer or rescueing. I learned this can put a strain on relationships, and more often than not, the only way you can get the answer your searching for is through prayer. That blog entry was pretty vague, but that is what I meant. Thanks for your comments, Dad and Tara.