My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lesson #4- Let People Serve You

This is one I struggle with. Letting others serve me. I love to serve others, but when I need it, it's difficult for me to say yes. This is something I've been trying to work on, but I'm the type of gal that would clean before anyone came over to help me clean. I know it's my pride that gets in the way.

I have learned how important it is to accept help from those who offer it. There are many reasons why, but I'm going to focus on what I learned several months ago.

One day back in December, I was going through several difficult trials, and I felt very self focused. I was seriously going on a pity party, and I knew it. It had been months of hardness, and on top of that, a major disappointment came my way. I was hurting inside, and needed desperately to overcome the sadness I was feeling.

I knew that if I could find someone to serve, It would help me pull out of the rut I was in.
I had no idea who to serve that day, but I was hoping to find someone.

While visiting with a friend, I realized she was overwhelmed and could really use some help. Excitedly, I offered, but she declined. I could tell she was worried that she might burden me.

I left thinking, if only she knew how much I needed to serve her, surely she would have let me.

It was then that I realized, sometimes the person offering the service needs the blessing of service, more than we need to be served.

I hope I will always gladly allow others the opportunity to serve me in the future.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Trina, I am really enjoying your "lessons" blogs--so insightful and "faith-full".

Ashlie said...

Great post Trina!