My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Things I've Learned (maybe subject to change)

Isn't it strange how life has it's ups and downs? I love life when things, for the most part, are going well. You may be very busy hurrying your family from one place to another and running errands, and maybe you even have a trial or two that weighs on your mind, but for the most part-- you're happy and functioning like a normal person. Then, WHAM, your whole world goes into complete and utter chaos!

About a year and a half ago, I was a very busy, homeschooling Mom. I was serving as a Compassionate Service Leader in the Relief Society. I won't lie, I was feeling very burnt out, but happy, because I was constantly serving others.

Then our ward split. I was called to be a Visiting Teaching Supervisor, which is a very simple calling in some respects. My responsibilities are to call the Visiting Teachers assigned to me once a month, find out who they were able to visit during that month, and then submit what I have found to the Visiting Teacher Coordinator.

I'll confess, I wanted to be more involved. I missed knowing how to serve the Sisters, and I loved working hard and feeling like I was helping others. I felt that I had so much more energy to give, and wondered why I was called to such a simple calling.

Little did I know just how much my life was about to change! It seemed that everything that could go wrong did, one trial, after another! There were many times that I felt, that my calling as a Visiting Teaching Supervisor was hard. I know now, that our Heavenly Father truly knows what's best for us! I will never doubt a call again. My testimony of the work we are called to do was strengthened, we are serving where God wants us. He always knows what's best!

So, the other day I was pondering all that I have learned during this mega rough patch, and I realized I have so much to share! I thought it would be sad if I forgot any of these life's lessons, so I think I will blog about them. I hope one day my kids will read them, and will glean something from the lessons I've learned.

Lesson #1- Trials are Hard!!!

Stay tuned for:

Lesson #2- Sometimes We Have to Figure Out the Answers to our Problems, on our Own.

2 comments:

Larry said...

Divine tutoring can often be very difficult--but,in the end, always worth it! Aaron and your children are so blessed to have you as their wife and mother. :-)

Trina Barry said...

Dad, thank you.