My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Lesson #3- You Can Face Any Hardship, if You Have a Close Relationship with God

One night, about a month ago, I had a lot on my mind. I was thinking about the trials that completely blindside you, the REALLY hard trials. I have gone through very difficult trials, but I've not yet faced the ones I was thinking about.

I was thinking about death, and how hard it must be to loose a loved one, especially when it's premature and unexpected.

Or, what if it's you that must leave this life sooner than expected. How difficult would it be to leave your children before they've grown up?

At some point in our lives, we all will loose a loved one from time to time, how can we endure?

I was deeply troubled by the trials that just seem unfair. I have often seen someone suffering and in despair, and have thought, "why should they have to go through something that hard, it doesn't seem fair."

This was really weighing on my mind that night. I felt afraid, and prayed.

The thought came to me that there were many Conference talks on trials. So I decided to read one. As I was reading, my mind wandered to Joseph Smith and the trials he went through. It was then that I realized, that no matter how hard our life's journey is, if we have a real and close relationship with our Father in Heaven, we can get through anything! Anything!

I thought of the happiness I have felt in serving others, and I feel that we can find happiness, real happiness, even in our darkest hour through serving others.

What peace I found through prayer, scripture reading, and the Holy Ghost. My testimony was strengthen that night, as I felt of my Heavenly Father's love for me.

2 comments:

Ashlie said...

Very true Trina! And the best part is no one and nothing can take that relationship away from you!

Trina Barry said...

I love your comment, Ashlie! Thanks for sharing!