My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Crazy Days!



It started on Wednesday:

5:00 a.m.-woke up to go walking

8:00 a.m.- went back to sleep

9:00 a.m.-woke up again, and faced the kids

10:00 a.m.- everyone had had breakfast, was dressed, and doing school-- I started cleaning for book club, since I wast the host

12:00 p.m.- Lunch, clean kitchen, and more school-- more housework for me

1:45 p.m.- telephone rings, it's the Relief Society President, "Trina are you still planning to come and meet with your new Compassionate Service Assistant?" I look at my watch, and remember that we had an appointment scheduled at 1:30-- so I hop in the car, no shower, hideous, would be the word, and arrive 30 mins. late! Then my new assistant wants to give be a hug, and I'm cringing, hoping I don't smell. I thought I made a wonderful impression, since this is the first time I've actually met her.

I haven't been writing things down in my calendar like I should, and I know better(from previous really embarrassing moments), and still continue to make this mistake from time to time.

2:30 p.m.- I'm back home, Cleaning, all the while saying to myself "the house didn't seem to be this messy, why is this taking so long?"

3:30 p.m.- Prepare food for book club, and then realize that I haven't anything planned for dinner.

4:00 p.m.- Take a shower, finally!

5:00 p.m.- Ask Aaron to bring home pizza for dinner-- still cleaning!

7:00 p.m.- told all kids to get their p.j.'s on, and that they will be going to bed before everyone arrives. They just keep saying, but we want to have some of your leftover refreshments, when everyone goes home(mind you, this is usually around 11:30 p.m.). I'm STILL cleaning.

7:45 p.m.- Aaron finally gets home from work, with dinner, and that leaves us with only 15 minutes to eat, including cleaning the kitchen again!

8:00 p.m.- I rush all the kids to bed, finish setting up refreshments, and then they arrive!

12:00 p.m.- I hit the bed with no recollection of falling asleep.

Thursday-

I slept in till 10:00 a.m.! I hate it when I do this! The day's half over. At 10:01 a.m., the phone rings, and I remember I'm watching kids while my friend goes to the doctor. 10:05 a.m., they arrive, I'm still half asleep, trying to get into mommy mode. 10:15 a.m.-- my children's K12 teacher is calling for a conference, which usually last around 45 mins. I hear kids doing who-knows-what outside my door!

I finally get off the phone with her, start my older kids on their school work, clean up the disaster that was created, make lunch, and fix a bottle for the baby.

1:30 p.m.- the kids are picked up, I run to the grocery store, come home, make dinner for our family and my friends family, since she's not feeling well.

5:30 p.m.- drop Morgan off at the church for a scouting fundraiser.

6:30 p.m.- I finally sit down, and talk to my mom. Contractions start coming. At 7:00 p.m., I lie down to see if they'll go away, and they start coming every five mins. I decide I should go to the hospital, and they slowed down to just 4/hr. They said the outer wall has opened, but I haven't dilated, which is common for women who have had many children.

12:00 p.m.- I hit the bed, did I mention I have a o.b. appointment at 9:00 a.m.!?!

Friday-

I go to my appointment, and the doctor says I need to slow down, and rest more. Really!?! Come home, feed the kids lunch, put Anderson down for his nap, and sleep till 4 p.m.--I'm following the doctor's orders. The kids were awesome, and completed all the school work with out me.

I really need to learn how to balance my life better! My mom says, that you know when you doing just the right amount, because your happy!

4 comments:

Tara said...

I just realized I hadn't posted my comment before I talked to you so I'm starting over.:)
This whole post reminds me of that quote that says something about busy hands becoming full hearts... you are so busy right now but I know someday you will be able to sit back and relax and look at all the fruits of your labors! Keep it up... but not too much because we don't actually want you going INTO labor. Love you!

Ashlie said...

Trina! Don't make me come over there. If I did the math right you are too early to be messing around with having that baby. Two letters will do a lot for you, N-O. It hard to say. I know. Do it for that baby. Or field calls to my house and I'll tell them no for you. Got it! Good.

amyraye said...

"slow down": so much easier said than done. if you set a goal to blog daily, you can figure out pretty quickly what things you can neglect and what things you can neglect a little longer. :)
you are a hard worker, but you've got 6 busy little bees that can be a bigger resource to you than you probably realize. put them to work! that's why we have so many kids anyway- right?
lay low, my friend. your cervix is much too taxed to take your doctor's advice lightly.

Leahona said...

Trina, you are my insperation! I hope I can be as great a mom as you. It is so neat to hear your kids are doing K12! We have been looking into that for Bella. I would really love to talk with you sometime about it.

I see you to do compassionate service for you ward too! I always knew were kindred spirits!

I am sorry you are have some challanges with you preganacy. I know how that goes and I hope you do get some rest. It sounds like you have a very full life and might need to trim some things off your to do list, if only for the time being. I know I had a hard time doing it with my last preganacy! We tend to feel as mothers we have to do everything all the time. You will find that balance and be just as amazing as you are now. Sure do love ya!!