My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Answer for the Unanswered

Isn't it funny how we can go through life, doing all the everyday stuff-- like housework, shopping, visiting friends, exercising, going to work-- without a care in the world, and then Wham!  It happens.  You realize life isn't always hunky-dory.  Maybe you got sick, or a friend of yours loved one died, or maybe it was even your own loved one.  You realize how short life really is, and all too often that question of "why" seeps in.  "Why" me, or "why" them.  "WHY?"

Sometimes I've found that little "why" word to slip in when I've prayed many times for something, but it seems to go unanswered.  I can find myself thinking, is my will in line with Heavenly Father's, or is the timing off?  "Why" did this happen, or "why" didn't that happen?  It can drive you mad trying to figure out the answers to so many unanswered questions.

I came across this article, But if Not, by Elder Lance B. Wickman, in my quest to find answers.

It helped me realize, what I already knew-- that I must remember that God sees the big picture.  Just because things don't turn out the way I think or thought they should, he is aware and will always do what he thinks is best.  He knows all, and with that, I know I must trust him with the details of my life.  I need to give all my unanswered questions to him  in faith, and in return, he'll strengthen me to handle what ever comes my way.  He will give me the peace I seek.

4 comments:

amyraye said...

i love that talk.

Ashlie said...

Well said and so true!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

I love that talk too and love your thoughts on it!