My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Fun

This was taken right before the egg hunt began, they could hardly hold still for the pic. 

We held the hunt in our backyard, which as you can see, is quite barren.  While the kids gathered eggs, I just kept thinking how cool it was that my kids were hunting eggs in the desert just like their Grandmother did (my Mom), 54 years ago.

When I was a little girl, I remember her telling me a story of when she looked for eggs, one Easter morning.  Her parents had sent her outside to find eggs, and somehow she mistook a small, round cactus for an egg-- much to her dismay...

I sometimes can't believe that my kids are having similar experiences as my mother had growing up.  I never imagined, ever, living in Tucson- and yet, I love it here.  I love that we can see what my mom loved about AZ, and that we have family history here as well. 

Anyways, the kids had fun finding eggs, and eating lot's of candy.  Aaron wasn't feeling well, he has sinusitis and a terrible cold.  He slept through most of conference and into the evening.  I felt so bad for him, but he seems to be doing a bit better, still very tired.

I was thrilled to see my older kids glued to conference.  We all enjoyed the beautiful messages, and felt the spirit. The younger ones weren't quite as reverent, but they did ok for the most part.  They are just so busy, and it's so hard for them to sit still. 

I made egg salad sandwiches for lunch, and a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, and red velvet cake for dinner.  The recipe for the cake was a new one for me, and I'm thrilled it turned out just the way I had hoped! So delicious!

What a wonderful way to celebrate Easter with conference!  Wasn't the music lovely?  It was the best!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my GOODNESS, Abigail is so cute! I'm sorry for Aaron being so sick, that is the worst. Hope he's better now. And your kids are lucky, they had warm sunshiney weather for their egg hunt. We had to do ours inside since it was like a blizzard outside!

Rebecca said...

Trina- can you send me your red velvet cake recipe? That is one of my favorite cakes! It looks like the kids had a great Easter. Conference was wonderful!