My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

What's up with... MADISON?

Madison:
  • She's turning 12 in May!
  • What does turning 12 mean for her?  She's going into YW's (what?  I'm going to have two children in our church's youth program.  They are growing up WAY too fast!)  She'll be wearing makeup, which I can tell by the big smile she gets on her face, whenever I mention it, that she's super excited!  She's also allowed to wear danglely earrings and colored nail polish.  This is going to be fun, I think she and I are going to love shopping for makeup together.  She told me just the other day that she doesn't want to "wear a lot of makeup, like blush."  :)
  • She's going into 7th grade, and is on Honor Roll. 
  • She is a hard worker.
  • She is a perfectionist.
  • She is a self motivator.
  • All of those things combined, have really helped her succeed in school.
  • She has one requirement left to earn her Duty to God.
  • She's a great babysitter, and is looking forward to babysitting outside our family.
  • In her free time, she likes listening to music.
  • Her favorite color is blue.
  • Her favorite food is waffles.
  • She's currently reading Sherlock Holmes.
  • She recently had her hair cut.  It was so long, that she was able to donate her hair and still have long hair!
  • She's scared of spiders, and other creepy things (probably gets that from me).
  • She loves playing Pokemon video games.
  • She has cute, little freckles that dot her nose and cheeks.
  • She like playing with our pets.
  • Her favorite website is:  http://www.clubpenguin.com/ 
  • She loves going to Activity Days.
  • She'll be attending Girls Camp this summer.
  • She sings in our Ward Choir. 
  • She wants a kitten for Christmas (unfortunately, she is not going to get one) 
  • She has a beautiful voice!
  • She has a crush on a certain boy, and she told be NOT to tell who it is.  So my lips are sealed!
  • She loves playing with Abigail, and often giggles and says, "she's cute!"
  • Her favorite outdoor activities are riding her bike and jumping on the trampoline.
  • She's starting to style her own hair (I love watching her try, it's so cute).
  • She  has a strong sense of "right and wrong."
  • She loves our new Job Chart , and thrives on a point/reward system.

Things I love about Madison:
  • She's so helpful!  She helps me with the baby, cleans the house, and stays focused on her responsibilities-- all without complaint!
  • She's sweet.
  • She's caring.
  • I love how thoughtful she is.
  • She's a great friend to me, Aaron, and her siblings.
  • She's just one amazing kid, and I love her so much!
  • How did I luck out to have a daughter like her?  Madison you're awesome!

Madison, I love you!!!

2 comments:

Justin said...

(this is Tara)
Wow, makeup!! It is going to be hard for me to realize I have to let Makenzie wear it someday. I'm glad Madi doesn't want to wear blush, good call on her part. :) She's lucky she has a mom who is really good at all that stuff though and can teach her!
She is a superstar in school, hope she's aiming for the Y!

amyraye said...

these are so great. i love finding out more about your kids. i can't believe she'll be in YW either. so crazy how fast these guys grow up!