My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Where Have I been?

I have been in the carribean, yes, that's why you haven't heard from me...

Ok, not true.  I wish I could say I haven't blogged lately because of some major reason.  Nope.  Just lack of desire.  If you don't know this about me, now ya do, I am an "on off" type of gal. 

For example, when I was in college I discovered that I LOVED philly cheese steak sandwiches, and before I knew it, I wanted those any chance I got.  Then one day, I didn't want philly cheese steak sandwiches anymore.  I don't know what caused this, I was just done.  I had no desire to ever eat one again!  It was years before I had another.

Now I'm not saying it will be years before I whip out another blog post, well maybe... JK.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not a true blue blogger, maybe I'm what you call a "fair weather" blogger.  There will be times when I feel like being a devoted blogger, and there will be times when I feel like laying low, and dealing with whatever I've got going on, without a thought of adding another blog entry. 

I guess I can feel a little overwhelmed at times.  I've been very busy with the kids school the past month or so, making sure they are all on target for the end of the year.  We've been submitting work samples, which can be pretty time consuming.  With all this school work, my housework is a bit behind (not to mention that I've been reading, which gets me behind in the housework as well.  I haven't learned how to pace myself-- hmm, there's that all or nothing thing coming into play again).  I've had some sick kids the past few weeks, which takes up even more time, taking them to the doc and caring for them.  I do have a way of fitting in way too much socializing, but it's oh so fun.  So there ya go, those are my reasons.  When I start to feel overwhelmed, which happens often around here, I just get down to survival mode.

When you don't see a blog entry from me, know that my house is a mess, I'm probably sleep deprived with my hair in disarray and frazzled to my wit's end!  :)

4 comments:

Larry said...

Completely understand--you have a lot of "rocks in your rucksack". I only blog when I feel I have something to say. I've always enjoyed your blogs--interesting and informative.

Rebecca said...

Trina- you are not a "fair weather" blogger! I'm so impressed with the fact that you are a homeschooling mother and you still find time to read a book. Good for you!! Thanks for checking in- it's good to hear from you :)

Tara said...

You put life in front of blogging? Totally got your priorities out of whack, Trina. I'm pretty sure us knowing your business comes before your kids' educations, geez.

Amanda said...

I am the SAME WAY! I can't ever seem to do anything halfway, it's all or nothing - including reading, housework, blogging... you name it! Have fun living life instead of just writing about it!