My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Reminder that God Cares

Last Sunday was a special day.  Morgan was sustained as Deacon's Quorum President in our new ward.  I'm so happy for him.  It was surreal seeing him in such a  mature light.  My son is growing up so fast, but despite the fact that this makes me feel a tinge of sadness, I also found happiness because I know he's making right choices.  I am so thrilled that he loves the gospel.  I felt even more last Sunday, that my son is growing into a fine young man.  I hope he will learn a lot from his new calling.  He is anxious to dive in, and seems to understand that it will be a lot of work.  He's looking forward to serving his peers in the Deacon's Quorum!

I had a special experience that day, that touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.  Just after Sacrament, Aaron had severe stomach pain from Crohn's.  He told me that Morgan was going to be sustained, but that he was in too much pain to stay.  I knew both parents are usually asked to attend, but I wasn't sure if they were planning on setting them apart during church.  I felt frantic because I really wanted to be there for Morgan, but I was dealing with the baby (who was quite fussy).  Since I'm in a new ward building and still don't know everyone very well, I felt a bit lost and very stressed.  I decided that I had to feed Abigail, so she would calm down.  I figured no one would be able to find me in the Mother's Lounge.  She feel asleep while I fed her, and so I proceeded to Relief Society.  I sat down by my friend, and she leaned over and said she would help me figure out what was going on. It only took us a few minutes to figure out everything, and I found myself arriving just at the right time.  As I listen to the blessings, it came to my realization how everything had worked out just so.  Abigail had finished eating at exactly the right time, my friend helped me at the right time, and now I was listening to my son's blessing.  I knew at that moment that Heavenly Father was aware of me, and that he knew I needed him.  I'm grateful for a friend who was prompted and listened to that prompting.  It all fell together perfectly.  Tears came to my eyes as I had this realization.  It's so wonderful, how you can be living life and out of nowhere a tender mercy appears and you know-- that God is real, that he is aware of you, and love's you.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Your testimony is an inspiration to all of us. Did Aaron's Crohn's settle down?

Trina Barry said...

Dad, thanks for asking about Aaron. I guess I should have mentioned that. :)

He slept most of the day after church, and that seemed to help. We're still really worried about Mom, how is she?

Chardell said...

What a great post. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing it.

Rebecca said...

It's amazing how true it is that "God is in the details". Thank you for sharing this!