My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Friday, April 23, 2010

What's up with... MORGAN?

Morgan:

  • He's been babysitting a lot!  Everyone seems to love him, and readily refers him. 
  • He's going to Scout Camp in June.
  • We've decided to send Morgan to High School after much prayer!  Wahoo-- is he excited, and we are as well! 
  • He will start Seminary with the new school year.
  • He's the new Deacon's Quorum President.
  • He'll turn 14 in July, and with that he'll start going to youth dances!  Which makes him almost as old as I was when I met Aaron, yikes!
  • He's 5 ft. 11 inches.
  • He sings in our Ward and Stake Choirs.
  • His favorite thing to do is play football, and is hoping to tryout for Cienega High (his soon to be high school). 
  • He wants to be a defense attorney when he grows up.
  • He's doing well school, his favorite subject is History.
  • He loves going on monthly camping trips with the Scouts and his Dad.
  • He loves sitting around a campfire, eating from the dutch oven, and relaxing.
  • He has a crush on one...or two girls!
  • He's reading the book I just finished Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford.
  • His favorite video game is Reversi, an online board game.
  • He listens to the Bishop better than his Mom, when it comes to the length of his hair (thank you, Bishop).  I had just told Morgan I wasn't sure the skater do was going to work, and that he needed to be an example for the other boys at church.  He thought I was so lame (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit here), but decided to go ahead and cut his hair shorter (what an obedient son).  Then he came home from a meeting last Sunday, where the Bishop encouraged the boys to keep their hair length at missionary standards.  He told me, "Mom, I think I'm going to keep my hair short."  His attitude had totally changed.  He's even encouraging the other boys in his Quorum to keep their cut to missionary standards.
  • He helps cook and is learning how to wash, fold, and iron his clothes.
  • He made his 1st PowerPoint presentation the other day, and figured it out all on his own.
  • He helps me with the baby everyday, willingly!
  • He works out to Wii Fit.
  • He's progressing in piano and loves it!  His favorite website is http://www.ninsheetm.us/ .  He loves listening to the music and hopes to play a few of the pieces some day.
Things I love about Morgan:
  • He's kind, thoughtful, and caring.
  • He's learning how to be a hard worker.
  • He's a great friend and son, as well as, brother.
  • He's got a great memory, he didn't get that from me-- that's for sure.
  • He is like a sponge, constantly learning new things and teaching me.
  • He has a sweet disposition, I don't know how I lucked out to have him for a son.
  • He loves to read, even his scriptures.
  • He's a great helper to his mom and dad.
Morgan, I love you!!!

8 comments:

Larry said...

Great kid, great parents! By the way, tell him that "cienaga" is Spanish for "swamp"--he'll love going to "Swamp High School"!

Tara said...

Aw just love our Morgan! All of those things are true about him, you did luck out on a great son! hahaha I LOVE that he is almost as old as you were when you met Aaron!! aggh!!
So I'm guessing you are gonna do one of these for each of your kids? Good idea!

Kat said...

Interesting...now I'm curious about your story after reading Amy's. What day is his birthday? My oldest (daughter) will be 14 in July too. Curious on the date....not trying to set them up or anything. LOL

Trina Barry said...

Dad- thanks we got the greatest laugh! "Swamp High School"-- nice!

Tara- you got it, one for every kid! I have so many that I fear I left out a few. I thought I might do this on a 6 month basis...

Kat- Wow, we must have married around the same time, since our oldest are so close in age. My son was born on the 26th, how about your daughter... LOL. I'll have to share our marriage story soon(I love Amy's idea), but it's long-- I may bore the reader.

Rebecca said...

I love this post! Morgan sounds like a wonderful kid!

Kat said...

ALmost birthday buddies, Emily's birthday is the 24th. 4 days before my 2nd anniversary.

Trina Barry said...

Wow, Kat! Morgan said, "2 days older than me, nice!" :)

Kat said...

Just got back to this. Morgan made me laugh. ;)