My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Case of the Missing Key

Last night I realized that I had lost a really important key.  It's my friend's key, the key to her house.  I'm currently feeding her fish, checking mail, watering plants, ect. while she's out of town. 

So far things haven't gone well.  Along with feeding her fish, she also gave me two small(actually tiny) tomato plants to tend to.  I have kept them watered, and she told me to make sure to put them in the sun, so I did.  I placed them outside to bask in the sun, and now they are... crispy.  Oops, I guess that full-on Arizona sun was a bit harsh for those tiny, little seedlings.

I guess you can imagine how bad I felt when I realized her key was lost.  Now I was even more concerned that her fish might die, that is, if I couldn't find her house key. 

I remember thinking how awful it would be if I lost her key, so I deliberately put them in a box on top of the fridge, far away from little hands.  Well, at some point last night, Anderson and Christian decided to push a chair up to the fridge so they could have access to all of mommy's precious belongings.

When I went to fetch the key, so I could go and feed the fish, it was GONE!!!  I immediately started to fret-- more like panic!  If there is anything I dislike, it would be looking for a lost item.  It is such a waste of time!  I have a huge to-do list, and looking for lost keys was not part of my agenda.  I looked for at least 3 hours last night.  I prayed(since I have a strong testimony of prayer, and that's exactly what one should do if they've lost something important).  I went to bed with no key in sight( more like no peace in sight).  I tossed and turned, and at one point I even woke up and resumed my search in the middle of the night.

I started searching again bright and early in the morning, and still no key.  I looked, I prayed.  I was beginning to loose hope.  I called my Mom, and told her my plight.  She asked me if I'd checked the garbage can, under the bathroom sink, and the linen closet.  After we said  good-bye, I said a fervent( more like pleading) prayer.  Desperation was starting to set in.  Within five minutes of hanging up with Mom, I felt an impression to look in the freezer.  As I opened the door, I happened to notice this:



the black bracelet that the key was on, just behind the corn, which was placed on the top shelf.  My heart jumped for joy!  Madison and I immediately offered a prayer of gratitude.  I called Mom, and told her the good news, and she said she had prayed for me as well.  Thank you Heavenly Father for answering all of our prayers today.  I know I couldn't have found that key without your help.

3 comments:

Larry said...

In this case prayer was the key to the key!! :-)

Trina Barry said...

Haha, love the pun! So true. :)

Tara said...

In the freezer! This is a new one, I will remember that. Glad you found it!