My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

When it Rains, it Pours

I really wish I could stop blogging about trials!  I would love to have a carefree day about now!  I think I have about 7 or so hardships I'm working on right now.  Some of which I may share, and others I can not.  I found myself in the shower thinking, how can I handle any more?  Today, I'm thinking...Heavenly Father, please help me through all of this. 

We read about Joseph Smith last night during our family scriptures, and this really stood out, "As for the perils which I am called to pass through," Joseph reflected, "they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life. It all has become a second nature to me; and I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all."

I sure love his perspective!  He had so much faith! I hope I can have faith like that and know that God will always deliver me out of my hardships.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm sorry things are hard right now! I totally agree that when it rains it pours, so weird how it's like that. That is a great perspective, I don't know of many people who had more hardships than Joseph Smith. Hope things start turning around soon!

Larry said...

When Mom had her first cancer many years ago we really were knocked off our feet emotionally. We hung on and things got better. Later, when she and I both had cancer it was so different, kind of like "Oh, OK, guess it's our turn again so lets get going." Life's speed bumps, big and small, are part of Heavenly Father's plan to tutor, teach, and eventually bring us home. They are not easy but they are essential.

Trina Barry said...

Thanks, Dad and Tara! You two are sweet.