My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Finally

I finally went to the doctor.  The ER advised me to go about a month ago, but I just couldn't schedule an appointment until now.  I've been feeling palpitations, chest pain, shortness of breath, and dizziness for over a month now.  It's weird  living with these symptoms on a daily basis.  They just popped into my life.  I've never even had a hint of these symptoms before now.

After the ER found nothing, I felt like an idiot, and that maybe I was imagining things-- after a month, day after day, I've realized some thing's not right. 

I was worried that they wouldn't find anything today, so I was relieved that they picked up on something while performing the EKG. 

The doctor thinks there's definitely something going on, but he doesn't feel it's major.  Tomorrow I will have a bunch of lab work done, and then I'll go to the cardiologist as soon as the referral arrives in the mail.

If I were to make a guess, I would say it's Hypothyroidism.  I know I'm not a doctor, but I have many symptoms of this disease, and I've suspected I may have it for quite some time now.  I hope I'm right, because it's easily treated. 

I am having a hard time accepting the fact that some thing's wrong with my heart, doesn't that sort of thing happen later in life?

7 comments:

amyraye said...

i have hypothyroidism. easy to regulate. do you think that's what the heart problems are related to? i don't have any heart symptoms with my hypothyroidism. interested to hear more.

Trina Barry said...

I've read that if hypothyroidism goes undetected for too long, it can cause heart failure. I have an enlarged thyroid, which they found years ago. I had blood test performed when Madison was a baby, but they found nothing. I've had trouble loosing weight, my hair's thining, and my nails are brittle-- all of which make me wonder. My greatest fear is that it's a blood clot from my recent surgery.

amyraye said...

wow. i didn't know that about hypothyroidism. crazy. your thyroid can change so quickly- especially during and after pregnancy. hypo-thyroidism runs in my family so i had my thyroid checked regularly for a couple years before anything irregular showed up (hypothyroidism finally showed up after nolan's birth). blood clots scare me, too. good luck!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Trina...I found you! It's Rozanne Bass. I blog also. My blog is www.ericandrozanne.blogspot.com. Sorry to hear about you not feeling well. I hope it will be easily treated.

Trina Barry said...

Hey,Rozanne! I'm glad you found me and I'll make sure to add you to my blog roll. It's great to hear from you. I was just thinking about you and the sister we used to visit, the one who had bipolar. Do you know how she's doing?

The Kemps said...

I always thought ♥ issues were for "old" people to worry about too. Guess we were both wrong. Hope the cardio guy is good!

Trina Barry said...

Thanks, Aimee! I hope the cardio guy is good as well. I have an appointment on Monday! Yay