My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Nice Sunday

Church was absolutely delightful today!  We had wonderful speakers.  The family that spoke has 8 kids, and the mother had some terrific ideas on ways to help children recognize the Spirit.  That concept was new to me, and I loved it.  She told us that whenever you feel the Spirit during FHE or during your family scriptures, that you should ask the kids if they feel that special feeling.  That way they can learn what the Spirit feels like and it also doubles as a way to strengthen their testimonies.  I don't know why I haven't thought of doing that before, but I love her idea and plan implementing her fantastic example.

Aaron and I were asked to sing a duet about a month ago, and today was our lucky day.  ;)  The song we choose was Abide with Me and Sally DeFord(you can listen to it, we sang the duet version) composed the particular arrangement we performed.  I fell in love with it the moment I heard it. 

We were so nervous, but I think it sounded pretty good.  I loved singing next to Aaron, and our pianist did a wonderful job!

When we came home, Aaron made waffles and shortly after that we enjoyed a thunderstorm!  This just made the day feel extra special!  What a treat, rain-- we haven't had much for the past couple of weeks.  All of the kids get so excited.  I just have to show you how they love looking out the window when the rain is coming down.  It's so cute!

No comments: