My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, August 16, 2010

My Special Plant Had Babies


Let me introduce you to my most favorite plant-- OK, my only plant.  This plant has been with me since Morgan was about 5 months old.  When I bought her she was small and fragile.  Now she's beautiful and full.  In fact I had to trim her because she was growing so long.  A month ago, I was able to start new plants with these trimmings.

She's been with me through every transition that I've gone through since 1997!  Crazy, huh?  I love this plant so much.  We've lived a parallel life through the years.  When I'm doing well emotionally, and life has a steady routine, my plant has flourished!  When life has been hectic or when I'm physically and emotionally drained, my plant has suffered as well from my lack of care.  Despite my many, many times of neglect, this plant has stayed by my side.  She has loved me more than I have loved her.  I sometimes wonder if she will out live me!  She's beautiful, and we share many memories.

One of my most favorite memories of my plant, was when Aaron and I were both in college full-time with 3 young children.  We both had part-time jobs and a paper route.  Life was rough.  We were really struggling financially.  We were spent in so many ways, pretty much living day to day, trying to survive.  My mom would come over on a weekly basis and help me with my laundry.  She was the one that made sure to water my plant.  She was the one to realize just how special this plant was to me.  I still remember her asking me, "Trina do you realize how special this plant is?  This plant has really been there for you, and I'm going to take care of it since you're so busy.  We have to keep it alive, you've had it for so long."  That meant the world to me-- my Mom, taking the time to water my little plant. 

I think it's time to buy some new pots!

No comments: