My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Choices

I am so happy right now!  Have you ever had a prompting, or what you thought was a prompting from the Holy Spirit-- but you're just not sure?  Then you take your chances and you follow that prompting, even though it feels awkward at the time.

Well that happened to Aaron and I today.  Last night we were chatting in the living room, and Aaron happened to find out that a teenage boy, whom we have come to love, is having a hard time deciding whether or not to serve a mission.  We both sat there last night, with our hearts full of concern for him.  We felt like we should talk to him, and encourage him.  We just didn't know how to go about it.  Aaron emailed his Bishop, and found out that he thought it was a good idea.

The hard part was figuring out a way to approach him.  This morning, while driving home from dropping Aaron off, I felt impressed to call him and invite him to dinner with Aaron, Morgan, and myself.   I told him that we were very concerned about him, and that we wanted to share our thoughts on serving a mission.  To our delight, he accepted.

It was a wonderful experience.  I think we all felt the Spirit, and I hope it will help him.  We all had so much fun, and he was very open with us, and we were open with him.  I left there with a happiness that I cannot describe.  Life is all about choices, I hope he makes the right one.

6 comments:

The Kemps said...

What a special experience! :-)

Trina Barry said...

It was, thank you Aimee! :)

Cassie said...

I agree with Aimee! What a neat experience!

Tara said...

That is really cool, way to be good examples!

Larry said...

Thank you, Tina and Aaron, for your righteous desires to help one of Heavenly Father's sons. Your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit is a gift from God that will increase and be refined as you continue to live righteous lives. I'm so proud of you.

Trina Barry said...

Thanks. I just hope it somehow made a difference.