My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Father/Son Campout I Never Blogged About

For the Father/ Son campout, the guys went to Kartchner's Camp-- which happens to be the last name of the member family who owns the property.  It's a small ranch with two man-made, stocked ponds.  They camped in the dirt, not far from the parking lot, and had a great time. 

Morgan was fascinated by the wash and how it had created intriguing sink hole caves, big enough to walk through.  He also loved the canoe, and spent the majority of his time fishing on it.

The little boys liked to eat, hang out with Dad, and look for fish in the pond.

Aaron took pleasure in relaxing, and enjoyed watching all the boys explore.

Right before they left, Morgan tied a string to a stick, and a worm to the other end of the string.  He actually caught a big fish that way.  The pond was full of fish, and I heard that a lot of the fish were swimming around with hooks left on their mouths.  I guess the boys weren't too good at removing the hooks, poor fish...

Aaron took some great pics:


While the boys were away, us gals watched The Princess Bride and enjoyed a Kirby vacuum sales demonstration, fun stuff! 

2 comments:

Tara said...

PLEASE remind me to tell you about our Kirby vacuum sales experience.. it was 2 years ago and we still joke about it all the time!
What a cool campout for the boys, glad you blogged about it. So I never really thought about how long Morgan had to wait for a brother until I just saw the picture of him and Christian next to each other. But I guess we are about that far apart too, even though it doesn't feel like it anymore. I am sure Christian and Andy just idolize Morgan like I did you!!
Anyway, great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Trina Barry said...

Thank you, Tara! I would LOVE to hear your "Kirby vacuum sales experience!"

You and Justin crack me up!!! Thanks for being a source of happiness in my life! I mean that, you two are so great at making lemons into lemonade-- with your sense of humor! :)

Yea, I used to feel bad for Morgan, but I know he'll be close to them, just like we're close. Isn't it funny how the age gap narrows as you age?