My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two Marshmallow Roasting Sticks and a Wooden Spoon

Wow, is it really 11:33 PM???  Why in the world am I still up?  I have seminary in the morning people!  I will be leaving my warm cozy bed at 5 AM, there is NO OTHER OPTION. 

Yet, here I am drooling over my laptop as I write this blog entry.  Today has been a crazy and stressful day, and so now, I'm trying to unload all of that stress.  Breath in...exhale-- NOT WORKING!!!

Well, I guess I'll share with you the beginning moments of my day, it's all a blur, but I'll take it from here.

Kaitlyn has a cold.  Do you know what that means?  Asthma attack!  She and Aaron spent the night @ the ER, yet again.  We're really feeling quite at home there these days.  I of course couldn't sleep.  You know how it is, waiting for the phone to ring.  All that anxiety of not knowing what's going on, it will have you waking up every hour, wondering.  Still I shouldn't complain, Aaron's the one who had to sleep on that hard chair all night.  Poor guy.  It's times like these that make me realize what an awesome hubby he is.  Thank you, honey--  I love you!

So when he came home, it was pretty much time for me to wake up for seminary.  It seriously felt like I had a 5 minute nap!  So painful.

Then I came home, sent the girls off to school, and woke Aaron up.

I had scheduled VT visits-- one for 9AM and one for 10AM.  I realized that after I dropped Aaron off at work, I was going to be late, since he was late.  So I contacted my sister, and she was fine with me arriving a few minutes late.  Then it happened...

Aaron locked the keys inside our running vehicle.  Yes, and our spare keys were also inside said vehicle!  I was ready to call the locksmith, but my husband (being the engineer that he is), opened the rear windows of our van with two marshmallow roasting sticks!  I supplied the wooden spoon, which unlocked the rear door.  We gave each other a high five, and were quite amazed at our new found abilities.  We determined, yet again, that we make a pretty good team-- this new discovery, bringing things to a whole new level!

Needless to say, I had to cancel my VT visit.

I would end there, but I can't resist telling you that our:
  • Front door's knob on our house broke.  Now we have to go through the garage until we have it replaced.  If you come for a visit, sorry, I won't be able to open the door.
  • There was this amazing storm that hit right at the time Morgan walks home from school.  I'm talking downpour and dangerous lightning.  I decided I'd be a good mom, and pick Morgan up.  I see him walking with a girl, and my first thought was, "Is that Morgan, my son, walking home with a girl (a very pretty girl)?)"  My next thought, "Is that my son, Morgan, putting his arm around a pretty girl?)"  "NOOOOOO!!!!!  I am not ready for this!"  I think I had an anxiety attack at that moment.  When Morgan saw me, let me tell you, he pulled his arm down so fast.  They both looked like they had been caught in the act, which they were.  I tried to be nice and offer the girl a ride home, she declined.  I asked Morgan what was going on.  He said, "she said she was cold mom."  "Right..."  I'm still running this whole situation through my mind, walking home might not be a good option.
  • I then went to vote in the pouring rain.  I got all wet, AND the guy I was voting for didn't win!!!
The best thing that happened today was Morgan's Court of Honor, but I'm way to tired to add those details.  I'll save that for tomorrow.  Night y'all.

3 comments:

Larry said...

You may have been tired but your blog was really funny--I can just see Morgan's arm falling to his side at the speed of light--and his response "she was cold" is classic--right out of "The Young Man's Guide to Lame Attempts to Con Your Parents". Loved it!

Trina Barry said...

You're funny, Dad! Thanks for the good laugh!

Donna Shoop said...

Trina, love you! Hopefully you will look back and laugh/smile at these things in your life. You do have a gift for writing them. Loved Morgan's story, too. Miss you guys!