My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Day We Left UT

We left Tara's house, and headed down to Provo. We wanted the kids to see the BYU campus, and it's bookstore. We spent a couple of hours walking around, and ended up buying chocolate covered Cinnamon bears (my personal fav), a hat for Morgan, a t-shirt for Aaron, and journals for the rest of the children. I was a little paranoid of us catching the swine flu, since it seemed, that everywhere we went there was a table set up with hand sanitizer and thermometers. My germ phobia came into play, and I was making all the kids use the hand sanitizer that was readily available, all the while, telling them repeatedly-- NOT TO TOUCH the handrails!


We thought this was hilarious! A GIANT, blown-up missionary!





(Christmas Card Preview, shhh, don't tell anyone!) I wish we had a better one, but I really don't have the time right now. We're planning on taking more family pictures in February (Ashlie, I guess I better run that by you, especially since you may not be up for it).


We had a good time in Cougarville, and then proceeded to drive to Mesquite, NV. We wanted to visit Kameron Mickelson and his family. I grew up living about five minutes from his parents. His dear, sweet father, spent many long hours fixing my mother's vehicles over the years. I don't know how my mother would've made it with out such a good hometeacher! She was a single mother, and we were often times without, and so she couldn't afford to take our vehicles to the shop. He truly was an Angel for our family!


(Kameron, I hope you don't mind me swiping this off of FB, but it's a much more interesting read with pics. Let me know if you do, and I'll take it off asap)

Anyways, we arrived at his place just after 9 p.m., and I felt so bad, all but one out of their four children, had fallen asleep while waiting for us to arrive. It was fun reminiscing about "the old days", as well as updating each another on the whereabouts of lost friends. His wife was so sweet and friendly, and Aaron loved talking "woodwork" with Kameron, since they both share the hobby.

We stayed there for about an hour, and then drove to Las Vegas. We arrived there so late, it was quite hard to wake some of the children to see the lights. I have to admit, it was a bit scary for me-- just so worldly!



We then proceeded to push through to Tucson, and I believe we made it home around 2:30 p.m. (of course I HAD to stop by a Shades Clothing store in Phoenix, which slowed us down). We were so happy to be home and I so enjoyed my SHOWER!

What a wonderful trip, I'm sure we'll all have fond memories of it for the rest of our lives!

Now onto blogging about everyday life-- quite busy with the ucoming holidays!

2 comments:

Donna Shoop said...

Sounds like you had an incredible vacation! I'm glad for you and your family. It was so nice to see you again. We've missed you guys! I'm enjoying reading your blog again, too. ;)

Tara said...

WHEW! Now that is a road trip. You did it, you blogged the whole thing! Way to go!