My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our Trip, Day 1

We had been planning this trip for quite a while, but we had originally planned for it to be during Thanksgiving. Aaron put in his request for time off, and the boss jokingly said, "You can't take off PEAK SEASON!" He said we could still go, but it would have to be before/after peak season. So we started thinking about when we should go, and I thought it would be the greatest if we could go around my birthday. I was longing to see fall foliage, and thought that would make the perfect birthday gift!

A few days before we were to leave, we received devastating news. My husband's twin brother and his wife lost their baby boy. This was heartbreaking to us, but we realized that the Lord had blessed us to be in WA, at that time.

We left on the 18th of October, and arrived at my brother Daniel's house late that night. They live in Oceanside, CA. Dan and Silvia just moved there this summer, and it was so great to finally meet my nephew, Calab. He was so cute, and very calm. We talked a bit, and then went to bed. We were all exhausted.

Here's some pics we took on the way there:


We stopped in Yuma to see the house where my mom's parents died. She was only 5 when her father took her mother's life, and then his own. I know it's sad, but it's family history, and I have always wanted to see this house. It was nothing like I had imagined.


Aaron took this lovely picture of me just after we crossed over, into CA.


Look at that CA sunset!


Cousins!

1 comment:

amyraye said...

so glad you guys were able to be here, but sad we didn't get to spend more time with you. good for you for getting something up about your trip so soon. i'm sure you've got a billion things to do after living out of your car for the past 2 1/2 weeks.