My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

WA, Home of Family and Friends

We have so much family and friends in WA, and sometimes we wish weren't quite so far away. Aaron's mother and father, two out of three brothers(and their wives and children), as well as his sister. He also has an Aunt and Uncle living there. Lot's of family!!! We lived in WA for 6 years! While we were there we moved around quite a bit, well I'd say, too often. We lived in 5 homes, and attended 3 different wards. We really made a lot of friends, and we miss them! I sure wish we would of had more time to visit everyone, but isn't that how it always goes? We arrived in WA and spent our first day hanging out at Aaron's parent's house. We just relaxed, and relaxed some more! We couldn't get enough relaxing in after the challenging drive. It was a nice day, but it was also a somber day. We were to attend the graveside service of our little nephew that passed away, all too soon. The day of the service, we got up bright and early. It was really pouring down, and that's when I realized how unprepared I was for the weather (We've really adjusted fast to the warm and sunny temperatures of AZ). I had packed coats, but they weren't Sunday coats. I even had my daughters wearing flip flops! It was funny though, as we were driving up to Seattle, the sun came out and the rain went away. There were still clouds in the sky, but you could see blue peaking through, and there were even beautiful rainbows! The service was a tender moment, one I will never forget! We felt the spirit and knew how special baby Calvin was. There were lots of tears, but through the words spoken, and the songs sung, the spirit was felt, and I believe hope was found. We spent the rest of our time visiting with Aaron's parents, his two brothers and their families as well as Aaron's Aunt and Uncle. Grandma Barry made Rice Krispies Treats, and had the kids decorate them with all sorts of candy! A precious memory! Grandpa made sure to get some quality time in with the kids as well! Can't go wrong playin' the Wii! I really love this picture of Grandma reading to Sarah. Eric (Aaron's oldest brother) holding his 2 year old Celeste. She speaks so well, and is just plain adorable! What a sweetie! Tori (Eric's wife) holding Abigail. Celeste and Anderson really bonded, and at one point were crawling on the floor like worms. They were so funny! They loved to go to the window and watch the dog outside play with his ball, and then they would hold a conversation about it! Cute! Since I didn't have enough time to visit friends individually, we decided to meet up at the McDonald's Playland. I so enjoyed visiting with these sisters! All of their kids had grown up so much, and our kids really enjoyed seeing each other again! Christian Well, that's pretty much all the pictures I took in WA. I'm so bummed because I realized that I forgot to get the camera out when Damon (Aaron's twin brother) and their kids came to visit! I also thought I had taken way more pictures than this. Oh, I did however happen to get this picture of the Space Needle while in Seattle, and more pics of fall foliage (one can never have enough of those). On to IDAHO!

Here's a video of the kids getting their candy fix!

No comments: