My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hand of the Lord

During my youth, I was dedicated to writing in my journal. I had formed the habit of writing each and every night after reading my scriptures. I knew that one day I would cherish the words I had written. Often times, I have found it fun to open those journals, and read them out loud to Aaron and the kids. We usually end up laughing at what is found. Most of my entries, had Aaron's name plastered all over them. What a treasure.

Now, that my life is complicated, sometimes it's hard to take the time each night to write my thoughts and feelings down. President Eyring has inspired me to try harder to incorporate this into my daily routine, with the talk he gave in a more recent General Conference, O Remember, Remember .

Today was a frustrating day. I felt the pressures of all my responsibilities crashing down on me. Usually, I can manage to push forward and slowly work myself out of the obstacles at hand, but today, it seemed that no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't getting anywhere! I found myself so frustrated and scared about the challenges that I was facing, that it brought me to tears. I'm sure my kids thought I was having a nervous breakdown.

Tonight, as I scan my mind, and think about how the Lord has blessed me, I can see his love through the kindnesses my family has afforded me today. My children saw me crying, and they were each so sweet. They each gave me hugs and said, "Mom, I hope your day gets better." After being on the phone for several hours and getting nowhere with my children's insurance, I came back to my laptop, and Kaitlyn had written a loving note. Christian, Sarah, and even Madison had written cards trying to cheer me up.

When Aaron came home, he listened, and gave me wonderful ideas on how to manage my stress. I don't usually ask for blessings, but today, I did, and he so willingly said yes. The words from that blessing comforted me, and left me with peace and a renewed strength to carry on with my everyday challenges.

Through my family, the Lord blessed me today. How has the Lord blessed you?

No comments: