My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Temple Square

What a wonderful experience, to go to Temple Square! I love to visit whenever we're in Utah. It's just so beautiful, and I think it's important for the kids to feel of the spirit there. I just love this picture, look at that blue sky! It was the perfect day!





Brother Hogan was our Tour Guide for the Conference Center (one of Justin's parent's neighbors).


Anderson's checking out the water formation in the main area.


This is what he was looking up at!


They're already getting ready for Christmas. I sure wish we could be there for Thanksgiving, that's when they light up Temple Square!




Our guide brought us up to the top floor. When we got up there we could look down at the bottom floor. When I looked down at the fountain, I noticed a husband and wife playing the hymn, "If You Could Hie to Kolob" on a grand piano and a violin. The music was so beautiful, and then I looked across the way from where we were standing, and there was a mirror, and I could see all of my family standing there together. It reminded me of families, and then of the eternities. I felt the spirit and emotions overcame me. I thought of the mirrors in the sealing rooms of the temple, and how if we are true and faithful, we will be together forever, with our loved ones.







I love this picture of Aaron and Morgan.





We then were lead outside. It amazed me that the ceiling of the Tabernacle could sustain the weight of the granite on this floor. There were many fountains, and even Evergreen trees planted. It was so lovely, I was in heaven!















I fell in love with this sculpture of The First Vision!


Our husbands's were just the sweetest! They took all the kids to Burger King for lunch and they ate at the park, while Tara and I slipped away for our lunch at The Lion House. We haven't gone out to eat by ourselves since we were both living at home. It made the perfect finish for the perfect day, well, actually the perfect morning. We crammed in a lot more on Halloween... more to come!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Wow you have been blogging like crazy, I'm having a hard time keeping up! :)
Your post about your hard day and the kids making your cards was so sweet. You guys are the cutest family.
We had such a good time with you guys at Temple Square! I'm so glad we were able to get pictures so we can remember it, it was such a special day.

amyraye said...

we love to visit temple square and the conference center when we go to utah, also. i'm glad you were able to take everyone and that the weather cooperated; that always helps. i'm enjoying your documentation of your trip.

Leahona said...

I just LOVE your sling! We are big time baby wearers around here and that ws the first thing I noticed!

I am LOVING all of your blogging! It ALMOST makes up for not seeing you!

I love you and your family and am loving reading all about your trip! Wish I could have come too!

Trina Barry said...

Leahona- Zolowear makes the sling. Almost all the women in my ward, who wear a sling, have one from Zolowear. I like it because it has a large, zippered pocket to keep your keys, money, babythings, ect. They're a bit pricey, but I think they're worth it. They have some silk baby slings that are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for reading my blog, and taking the time to comment! Hope you're well.