My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Shopping for Turkey Day

I always dread shopping for Thanksgiving dinner, but yet, I find myself looking forward to it as well! Hmmm, I guess that sounds a bit strange, but it's the truth.

I usually sit my kids down a month before Thanksgiving, and I ask them what do they want to make for our dinner. Some of their request this year were for pumpkin pie, apple pie, key lime pie, tapioca pudding, Fruit Gobbler, and Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats. Does it surprise you that most of their suggestions contain sugar?

After we've made the list, I'll usually pick up a few items at a time, throughout the month, to lessen the shopping just prior to Thanksgiving.

Well this year, unfortunately, I had to cram it all in today! The store was CRAZY busy, and it required me pushing two carts loads to the van.

Check out the goods!


Well all the kids were so excited, that they all decided to help. Which was great, except for this:


Katie ended up dropping it on her big toe! It's so strange, but it seems to me, that EVERY TIME I buy a glass jelly jar, one of my kids drops it! Why have I not gone to plastic? Well, since I'm basically cheep-- it's HARD for me to bring myself to buy plastic, since it's usually more expensive.

Poor Girl, look at the damage:

P.S.- I went back to the store, bought more jelly, and this time in plastic!

1 comment:

Leahona said...

YAY For all this blogging! I am so loving hearing about your family! The picutre of the baby surrounded by bags is too cute! I noticed you have your tree up already! Good for you!!!! It is beautiful as always!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!! Love ya!!