My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resolutions

The ringing in of 2010, comes with many decisions, and many unknowns for our family. The combination of these two make it hard to know what lies ahead for us this year, and with that, I've found myself feeling a little bit apprehensive. While I was praying and trying to make some important decisions the other day, I happened to look down at my children's New Era magazine, and found the new 2010 Mutual Theme!

I just love the new 2010 Mutual Theme !

I read this scripture:

“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest” (Joshua 1:9)

This brought me comfort and piece of mind. It was just what I needed to read, and this scripture continues to give me hope. I know that if I live close to our Heavenly Father, then I have no need to fear.

One realization that I've had recently, is that I only have 5 years left to prepare my son to serve a mission. I want so badly to give him the tools he'll need to fulfill his calling as an Elder. So my top, #1 resolution lies in preparing my children to be the spiritual leaders that they will need to be.

Resolution #1-
We are going to attempt to memorize all of the Seminary Scripture Mastery during our daily scripture reading, and for FHE we will be using Preach My Gospel.

Resolution #2-
Get in better shape, eat healthier.

Resolution #3-
Keep in touch with extended family through pictures, letters, phone calls, etc.

Resolution #4-
Sew more! Yes, I plan on sewing this year. I'm making time to do something I love!

I was afraid to add blogging to my list-- ;)

Happy New Year, I hope 2010 will be a good year for all of you, and don't forget to eat black-eyed peas for good luck!

4 comments:

amyraye said...

i think blogging can fall under #3

unbelievable that morgan could be a missionary in 5 years. wow. i'm picking myself up off the floor.

nice list. i've always admired your priorities. you're a great example to me of someone who loves her family and the gospel.

Trina Barry said...

Good point, Amy! I'm planning on being more consistent, as far as blogging goes-- but I'm too scared to put it down, b/c I don't think I could ever do it everyday, like you have! You're amazing and a great example! I've really enjoyed reading your posts this year, and have felt closer to your family through your blog! Please keep writing!

The Kemps said...

I LOVE preach my gospel!! You set such a good example of motherhood!! Thanks for being a living example of Sister Beck's talk "Mother who Know".

Trina Barry said...

Aimee, I think the same of you! Thanks for the compliment!