My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fun to Not so Fun

For all of you that live in Tucson, Peter Piper Pizza has a family night on Mondays from 5-7 PM.  Up to four, 7 inch, one-topping pizzas, FREE with each paying adult.
Aaron and I decided to take the fam there tonight for some fun.  The kids were so excited, we don't do this sort of thing very often.



{Right now I'm wishing I would've brought my "good" camera along, because I'm cringing as I look at these photos.  The cell phone just isn't cutting it.}

We ended up having a ton of fun, and the kids were all so happy.  We should have ended the night there, but no, we had to slip in some more fun!



So we went to game stop.  Morgan spent some of his hard-earned babysitting money, and then we went to Target to buy the girls new earings.  Aaron dropped the kids and I off, while he ran to Ross to buy some new, and much needed shoes. 

I was ok with that, and wasn't thinking about how difficult things might turn out. 

I was in the jewelry section, trying to help the girls pick out their earings with all SEVEN kids, and things started getting out of control.
I'm guessing the combination of sugar from the soda, and the fact that it was the kids bedtime, factored into their behavor.

At some point, this large bouncy ball appeared out of nowhere (I guess some other kid had left it there), and before I knew it, the boys were bouncing it down the isle and running/fighting for it.
Then Anderson started to cry/scream, while I was trying to calm him down without us becoming the center of attention.  Well, that of course is impossible when you have a family the size of mine.

I tried to get a hold of Aaron, but he wasn't answering his phone.  It wasn't until later that I realized that I had been calling his work number!  I guess during my haste to call him, I dialed the wrong number.  As if that wasn't bad enough, Abigail started crying, and my whole family started spreading out in all directions.  I finally broke down and bought some pacifiers and popped one in her mouth.

Anderson hasn't had a pacifier for months now, but when he saw her new "binkies" he started screaming for one.
"BINKY, BINKY, MOMMA BINKY!!!"

I reluctantly popped one in his mouth as well.  I was desperate.  I took the kids through the line, and we sat in the cafe waiting for Aaron to pick us up.

Anderson still continued to cry, and started to chew on Abigail's new binky, which was really bothering me.  I was starting to worry where Aaron was, but he showed up not long after we sat down.

THANK GOODNESS!

Anderson then started to cry even louder when we left the cafe.  He wanted food!
Didn't we just feed this kid?

"FOOD, FOOD, MOMMA FOOD!!!"

 and cried THOSE words all the way through the parking lot.  He refused to get in his carseat, and screamed even more once we got him in.

WHEW!!!

Sometimes, I find it funny how the mood of our family can go from good to bad in a matter of minutes. 

I should have planned better.  Life is better when we stick to a schedule.  Better keep it short next time.



4 comments:

Tara said...

So how it is. At least you had some older kids to help you round up the younger ones at the store though, right? Anyway, I'm sure the kids won't remember the store incident, but they will remember their fun pizza and game night!

Larry said...

Your FHE "adventure" reminded me of the lead line in "Tale of Two Cities": "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Sounds like you handled it just fine. My motto is "Get revenge--live long enough to be a problem for your kids." :-)

amyraye said...

the lesson i learned is that you should have sent at least half the kids with aaron next time.

we had fun when we went to peter piper pizza with you guys this summer. i love finding great deals like that.

Trina Barry said...

Dad- Revenge is sweet! Jk

Amy- yes, that thought ran through my mind while I was stranded at Target w/ all the kids!

Tara- I hope you're right. That was the point of FHE to have fun and grow closer together.