My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Thoughts on the Change

This morning, I woke up around 5:00 AM to get our family ready for church. I have to admit it has been a challenge to get our whole family ready and in our seats by 8:30 AM, but we've been pretty good at it. I do have the help of my husband and older children, which makes a difference.

We did pretty well today, and we were sitting in our seats by 8:20 AM. All the kids were being reverent, and I felt happy inside because we weren't rushed.

Even though we were there early, we found ourselves sitting on the folding metal chairs in the back, rather than the soft cushioned pews. Our ward is huge, and if you want a pew seat, you've got to be there early!

It's been this way, ever since we moved here, back in July of 2008. I thought it was going to be split way back then, but it hasn't.

Today it was announced that our ward and several surrounding ward's boundaries are going to change.

As the announcement was made, I found myself with mixed emotions. We've made some great friends in this ward, and have felt so at home! I knew this day would come, and that it is needed, but I will miss the friends I have come to love so much!

With this change, of course comes questions and speculation. I don't know how this will affect me. I currently serve as the compassionate service leader in our ward, and through my service I have come to cherish so many of the sisters in the ward! I've loved being there for them, and I've really grown in this calling.

My eyes swelled with tears as I realized just what this change might mean.

I guess life is about change, and I know things can't stay the same, however, I will always hold the memories we made in Rita Ranch Ward dear to my heart. We've learned so much from the amazing examples which have been set for us, and I'm so glad we moved here to Tucson. It's been just the right place for us!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow I can't even imagine sitting in metal chairs during church- we've got so much extra space in our chapel it's almost depressing. Our ward is the last thing you would imagine in Utah. We call sacrament meeting the horseshoe because everyone sits on the sides and the back and the whole middle section is empty!
It stinks when your ward gets split, but yeah, change is ok and I'm sure you'll have lots of great new experiences... and cushy seats. :)

amyraye said...

ward splits are hard, but maybe you'll get soft seats next time. :)
i can't believe you wake up at 5 a.m. to get ready for church. that's nuts. but there's no doubt in my mind that you're working your tail off the entire morning. 9 people is a lot to get ready in the morning. kudos to you.

Rebecca said...

Ok Trina- I think you are a saint for getting up at 5am for church! That's a testimony for sure! Good luck with the new ward boundaries- it's sure to bring good things for you and your family. Ward splits always do!

Ashlie said...

Look on the bright side Trina. No matter what I'll still be in your ward. ;) I wouldn't hold your breath that you'll be getting cushy seats though. I thought that would happen with the last two ward splits we've been through and so far the wards have still been huge. Here's to hoping though. I've got to admit. I've grown quite fond of my visiting teaching supervisor calling and am really sad to be put back on the calling market. Whoops, did I just say that out loud . . .

Larry said...

The beauty of the Church is we multiply by dividing. Splitting wards can be sad; but it also brings with it new opportunities for growth through service. Whatever ward you end up in, they will be blessed to have you and Aaron and your wonderful family!