My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Anxiety

I am full of  anxiety!  Tomorrow bright and early, Aaron's taking Kaitlyn and Christian in to the dentist.  I feel pretty confident that Kaitlyn will be fine, because all she needs is a filling or two.

Christian, however, is a different story.  They will be removing his two front teeth.  When he's teeth came in, they were missing some of the enamel.  This concerned me, so I brought him in right away and showed the dentist. 

Christian was too little at that point for him to want to operate, and so the dentist thought it would be better to wait 6 months, and then re-evaluate. 

Well, we did that for several years.  Each time, I thought for sure the dentist would advise us to go ahead with the surgery.

Then we moved.

It seemed to take forever for us to re-establish our children's health insurance, pediatrician, and dentist.  So now it's too late to save his teeth.

I'm so bummed, because I really hope this won't be a hardship for him.  Sarah just lost her top teeth and she's six, so does this mean that Christian's top teeth are going to be missing for two years? 

  • I'm worried about the medicine that they're going to give him.
  • I'm scared he's going to be scared.
  • I hope he won't be in too much pain, or even worse, tramatized!
  • If he does have a horrible experience, will this cause him to come down with a case of post tramatice stress disorder whenever he goes to the dentist in the future?
Aaron will bring them tomorrow since I have another responsibilty to take care of.  I'm feeling terrible because I feel like my kids should be my first priority, and I should be there with them as well.  Aaron insists that he will nurture them just as much as I would if I were there.  I told him he better hold Christian, kiss him, and reassure him like crazy tomorrow, because that's what I want to do, but can't. 

Well, please keep my little guy in your prayers tonight, and I'm sure Kaitlyn's a little anxious as well, so if you want to pray for her too, that'd be great.

3 comments:

amyraye said...

elli lost her 2 front teeth at 3-years-old, too. and it did take 3 or so years to get them back. it was definitely way more traumatizing for me than it was for elli. i think it's a good thing to have aaron go because dads are really great in situations like these. they don't have nearly as many anxieties that we have as mothers and can reassure with confidence. even if you didn't have a prior obligation, it would be a wise choice to send aaron. it's a great opportunity for aaron to be there for christian and a great opporunity to relieve some of your own anxiety about the situation.
good luck! kids are so resilient! christian will be more than fine.

Leahona said...

I am so glad that Christian's teeth are finally getting taken care of. I will be praying for him!!

Tara said...

Hey I hope everything went well, I bet Christian took it like a champ. One of Makenzie's little friends lost his 2 front teeth too because he fell and hit them really hard on the edge of a table. So yeah it happens, but at least they're baby teeth and he will get new teeth in a few years.