My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hmmm... What to Blog About?

Should I blog about the lack of sleep I've been getting lately?  Last night was a doosy!

Should I blog about how hard it was to motivate myself to do ANYTHING this morning after being so sleep deprived?

Should I blog about how forgetful I've been lately, and even when I've tried to make a considerable effort to enter all of my appointments into my phone calendar, I'm still overbooking myself! 

Should I blog about the luncheon I really wanted to go to, but missed it, due to what I have just aforementioned?

Should I blog about Morgan's mandatory conference session I had to attend today with K12?

Should I blog about my how I didn't have to watch a friend's kid today because he was sick, and how great it is that I'm babysitting for her from time to time, in exchange for piano lessons which she's giving to Kaitlyn and I-- how cool is that!?!  Bartering rocks!

Should I blog about the punky state I found myself in, and still couldn't shake, due to the lack of sleep?

Should I blog about the laundry I was supposed to get done today, which is still dirty?

Should I blog about how hard it is to keep your kids focused on their school work, when I can't even focus myself?

Should I blog about how my dog tries to get into the house by jumping on the sliding glass door? Suicide mission, I tell you!

Should I blog about the fact that he's panting at me right now, wanting me to let him out-- but I'm so lame, I just keep writing.

Should I blog about how I went for a ride today, with just the baby, hoping to get her to sleep?  Mission accomplished.  After mission accomplished, somehow I ended up at McD's, ordered some milk and three chocolate chip cookies-- not a part of my NYR.

Should I blog about how guilty this made me feel?

Should I blog about how I called my sister Tara, since we haven't talked for a while, and found out she and her husband are going to Puerto Rico TONIGHT? Lucky girl!

Should I blog about how, while I was on the phone with her, my friend called, but I didn't swap over because I really needed to talk to my sister.

Should I blog about the reason why my friend was calling?  She was calling to tell me that one of our dear friends, lost her mother today.

Should I blog about how incredibly sad this made me feel, and how I wished I could do something more to help?

Should I blog about how sweet Aaron was to make dinner for me tonight, while I was on the phone, working on my calling?

Should I blog about my short call to mom, that ended when I had to get my son ready for babysitting?

Should I blog about how I realized I sent him out the door, without feeding him dinner, and how this made me feel like a terrible mom?

Should I blog about how Aaron and I then brought him dinner, and dropped off our overdue Blockbuster DVD.

Should I blog about how Aaron was so tired from his lack of sleep, that he fell asleep during our scripture reading-- all we read was 3 verses?

Should I blog about the sweet testimony that Kaitlyn gave after we read in Moroni?

Should I blog about the fact that Anderson actually opened his mouth wide enough for me to brush his teeth? Seriously, this has been a real struggle.

Should I blog about how much I loved that Christian snuggled up to me today, and said, "Mom, I love you?"

Should I blog about the fact that my oldest son, Morgan, sent me a waving hand message from his phone while babysitting that said, "big hug"?

Should I blog about how he's still not home, and I miss him.  How will I survive his mission?

Should I blog about how helpful Madison was today?  That girl NEVER complains and I really don't know how I'd make it without her.

Should I blog about how Sarah just came in and gave me a heart that she made, kissed me, and said,"I love you!"

Should I blog about how quiet it is in my house right now?  I think everyone's asleep.

Should I blog about how comfortable I am as I climb into my soft, cozy bed, with the hope of getting a better night's sleep?

Wait-- Morgan's not home yet, I guess I'll wait up just a little bit longer, so he'll know just how much I love him!

Should I blog about how Abigail just woke up? I think this is going to be a long night afterall-- no sleep for me.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Whew!! No wonder you're exhausted--sounds like you're ready for a little "me time"....?

Leahona said...

you are one amazing mom! I hope I can be a great a mom as you!

Trina Barry said...

Dad, I GOT "ME TIME"! It was great!

Leahona, wow...you have no idea how great it is to hear someone say that about me. Thanks for the pick-me-up.

I have to tell you that you don't have to hope to be a geat mom like me, you already are! The important part is that we're both "trying" to be great moms! That should count for something!

amyraye said...

exhausting. i hope you're sleeping right now and that there are no javelinas lurking around your property tonight. those were creepy.