My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Yummy Cinnamon Rolls


I tried these the other day, and boy do they taste good, so I thought I'd share the recipe. They were a hit at our house, and let me tell you, everyone loved them! They are called 45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls, but I think it took me more like an hour. Enjoy.


45 Minute Cinnamon Rolls

1 1/8 cups warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 T yeast
1/4 cup sugar or honey
½ tsp. Salt
1 eggs
3 ½ cups flour

Filling:
1/4 cup butter, softened
cinnamon
sugar

Icing:
2 1/4 C powdered sugar
3 T butter, melted
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
milk ( probably a couple tablespoons or so for desired consistency)

Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs - gradually add flour.Roll out into a 9 x 13 rectangle on a well floured surface. Spread butter on dough. Sprinkle dough generously with cinnamon. Follow with sprinkling sugar over the cinnamon. This is also a generous amount. Enough to completely cover the cinnamon so you can't see it. Roll up from the long side to make a log. Then cut into 12 slices and place on a greased cookie sheet. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. Bake 10 - 15 minutes @400 degrees ‘till golden brown. Remove from oven and mix up icing. Let the rolls cool a little before you put the icing on. I like to make mine on the thicker side. I like to have it thick enough you have to spoon it on and use the back side of the spoon to help it spread on the roll.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Wow that is awesome you can make them so fast. Justin's mom has the yummiest cinnamon rolls ever, and I make them probably once a year but they take several hours to make. I will have to try this faster recipe, looks delicious!

Leahona said...

thanks for sharing!!I love fast recipes!