My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Cool Idea


My friend, Aimee, told me about an idea that I think is truly a lifesaver! She makes packing lists up for each of her kids way before they even know they're going on a trip! She prints the lists out for her older children, and makes a picture list for her younger ones, like this:




How cool is that? She has one for long trips, and one for short trips, for summer trips and winter trips-- and I suppose you could even have one for camping trips as well.

As some of you know, we just took a trip up to WA, and I felt like I was going crazy trying to remember everything! I was stressed and trying to make lists, while running errands before we left. I packed everything for everyone. I really need to learn how to simplify, and delegate!

She says if she's in a hurry, all she does is print the lists off for her kids, and makes them take care of everything themselves, I like that! Love this idea!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is pure genius! I love that!

amyraye said...

it's a lifesaver. i've never printed out the pictures for non-readers (i usually pack for the little ones), but have created packing lists for my kids. they love them, and i love not worrying that they're not going to like what i packed for them. they've been packing their own stuff for several years. i'm glad you've discovered it because it really will simplify things. not that you'll ever go on a trip again with 7 kids... :)
i'm curious if she has stuff on her lists that i've forgotten; send me a copy- would you?

Tara said...

Wow, that is pretty handy if you can use them again and again, I like it! I would just like to see the outfits Makenzie would pick out... :)