My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Goes BUMP in the Night

Just so ya know, I DID get sleep last night.  It was great, a little interrupted, but I'll take what I can get.

Sometime after Morgan came home and Abigail fell back asleep, I was awakened  by Morgan SCREAMING, "MOM, DAD, SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BREAK INTO OUR HOUSE!"

I sat straight up in bed, totally disoriented, SCREAMING, "AARON, SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BREAK INTO OUR HOUSE!"

Then Aaron woke up SCREAMING, "EVERYONE CALM DOWN!"

Morgan: "They're banging on our garage, and I hear a zipping sound."  By the way, his room is at the front of the house by the garage, and ours is at the back of the house.

Aaron:  "Let me check it out."

Me: well, I'm already falling back to ZZZZZ.

Aaron and Morgan: "Wow, that's so cool- Javelinas!"

Me:  "what?"

Aaron and Morgan: "There are two javelinas walking around in our front yard."

Me: too tired to check them out, already ZZZZZing again.



These guys are pretty fun creatures,
they basically look like a wild pig,
but they're not in the pig family-- well,
at least that's what I've heard.

Here's what they look like:




One time we were picking up Morgan from a youth activity,
 and there were approx. 2 dozen of these guys
grazing on the lawn of the Stake center!

It was really dark, and we didn't see them at first,
pretty scary, because the people coming
out of  the church building didn't see them either.

I've learned that they can be quite aggressive,
especially when it comes to protecting their young!

There was a man on the news just the other day
 that was attacked by a javelina while hiking.
He was bit three times,
the javelina tested positive for rabies,
and
now he's undergoing rabies treatment.

I have to admit,
I'm a little worried
to walk out my front door!

If you happen to see a picture of me on this blog,
frothing at the mouth,
PLEASE call Animal Control ASAP!

4 comments:

Leahona said...

YIKES!!! What a night! Those things look scary! Stay safe!!

Larry said...

Hmmmmm....what do you suppose javelina bacon or pork chops would taste like?? Maybe I should get Morgan a machete for his next birthday--what do you think?

Heather Mae the DIY Gal said...

Wow! What a funny, neat, and scary story! Something to tell your grandkids about someday!

Trina Barry said...

Dad, that's a great idea, maybe I could finally stock up the freezer!

The only thing I'd worry about is how Morgan likes to practice "sword fighting" around the little guys, things might get a little out of hand! ;)