My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Land of Oz

Many of us have wondered if Vail/Rita Ranch (where I live) was going to blow away today!  It's been so windy, and they're calling for it to get worse!  We've had 38 mile/hr sustained winds, with gusts up to 60 -80 miles/hr!  There's more rain to come, which should cause some flooding. 

I been told that you should never cross a stream flowing over the road, because it can wash you and your car away in an instant!

We've even had a tornado watch in effect the last couple of hours!

The kids have been really scared (WHY do I tell them these things).  I have to admit, I get scared myself!  We're not supposed to have to worry about things like *tornados* in AZ!

I actually saw a stop sign spinning around in the ground, it was crazy.  It was still in it's hole in the ground, but spinning around, FAST!

I saw on the news, that a semi-truck was actually blown over, and several people's roofs have blown away.

Flagstaff supposedly got between 40-60 inches of snow! 

I took this picture of the dust storm the winds produced:



The sky was beautiful with all the clouds and mountains:


Anyways, it's been a pretty exciting day.  We don't get this kind of weather very often.  I'm hoping we don't loose power, the lights are flickering even as I write this blog entry. 

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

My Kids get so worked up every time it gets really windy or stormy. We had a tornado that came strait through downtown Atlanta a few years ago and ever since then they get so excited when it gets windy. "Mom, Mom, is a TORNADO coming?!?" I always have to calm them down and say "No, there's no tornado," they always seem a little disappointed though.

Tara said...

Better get some sparkly red shoes...

Amanda said...

I was wondering things along the same line yesterday too! I don't think it was quite as windy over here, but my neighbor's garbage can kept migrating across the sidewalk and I wondering if we'd lose our roof, or our cars... Crazy weather! Loved the rain though!

Larry said...

Get Aaron and Morgan out there to wash your van!