My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let Me Introduce You to Large Family Logistics

Some of you already know this, but on the day Aaron and I were engaged, Aaron casually mentioned that he wanted NINE children, just like this really cool family on his mission.  Now he has conveniently forgotten that he had ever said those words - hmmm.

On the same note, a dear friend told me that she believes she received a revelation for me that I will have more kids. (Is that how it's supposed to work?)  She said she was sitting behind our family at church and she felt someone was missing.  She counted all seven kiddos and thought "Seven really isn't that big."  From that experience, she deduced that we were missing some. So there you have it, I guess we'll be having more.  Well, we'll have to see about that.  I know we have this trend going on, but I wouldn't read too far into it.

Anyways, one day I was at my wit's end, trying to figure out how to run our household better. I believe Sarah was a baby and I thought my family of six was huge.

That's when I found Kim Brenneman. I don't know her personally. What I do know is that I really admire her and I love her blog. She had six children then and now she has nine.  "Large Family Logistics: The Art and Science of Managing the Large Family," has great concepts for the large family! I love her ideas on home management and I have tried to master them for years now. They're easy for me to understand and follow, especially if I'm consistent:

  • Children's Bedroom Management
  • Kitchen Management
  • Bathroom Management
  • Building Your Home Management Book
  • Afternoon Chore Time
  • The Lunch Menu Plan
  • Gardening Day
  • Cleaning Day
  • Town Day
  • Office Day
  • Floor Mopping
  • Deep Cleaning
  • Kitchen Day
  • Laundry Day
  • Organizing Your Work Day
  • Teaching Your Children to Self-Teach
Here's the link: http://largefamilylogistics.lifewithchrist.org/index.html where you can check out all of her great ideas that I listed above.

3 comments:

amyraye said...

i remember you telling me about this site years ago. i believe it's where you got your laundry strategy. i'll check it out. my family FEELS larger and larger everyday!

Trina Barry said...

Yes, I believe your family qualifies as a LARGE family! I really think one looses all sense of control after #4. I'm always looking for better solutions on ways we can organize our growing family, so if you ever find something that's working for you, please share.

Rebecca said...

Trina- I NEED this!! Thank you for your post today. I will check this out for sure! I realize that I am the one with a comparatively small family (just 4 kids) but I still feel like I struggle with controlling all of it. Thx!