My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kaitlyn


Ten years ago today, Aaron and I were blessed with a bundle of Joy.  She was our last child to be born in VA, and I was so hoping she'd come on Valentine's Day, but that day had come and gone.  Instead she came on her Uncle Eric's birthday (one of Aaron's older brothers), February 17th.  I think it's pretty cool that she gets to share his birthday with him. 

I remember how excited I was to bring her home from the hospital.  She was the cutest little baby, had the most darling blue eyes and a TON of dark hair!  She was a chillin' baby, and took to her bed easily. 


Aunt Amy made Kaitlyn this beautiful quilt!



We took her camping in the Redwoods when she was only 3 months old!


Kaitlyn and Uncle Mike Camping in the Redwoods

Kaitlyn's 1st Birthday

She was our fastest talker by far, and when she was little she would speak in the highest pitched voice!  When she was around 2 or 3, she turned into a major DRAMA QUEEN!  She's less emotional these days, but she still has plenty of spunk!





She has always loved sweets (maybe because she's our little sweetie-pie). 


Somewhere around the age of 7, she developed Asthma.  This has been a real trial for her, and us parents as well.  Up until a few months ago, we hadn't found anything that controlled her Asthma, and we found ourselves bringing her to the ER on a regular basis.  She's on Advair now, and that is working, yay!



She's really grown up the past year or so.  She's so helpful, and she has a special way with the younger kids in our family.  They adore her.  She is bilingual, she speakes English and Toddlernese.  I have to ask her to translate what her siblings are saying at times, because she's the only one who can understand, what on earth, they're actually trying to say!




She loves to give hugs, and we love to give her hugs back!  She has a sweet spirit, and is very caring. 

My sister-in-law, writes her children birthday letters.  Thanks for the good idea, Amy.  I think I'm going to steal your idea and do the same.  Here it goes:

Kaitlyn,

I hope you know just how much Daddy and I love you.  You mean the world to us, and we're so glad that you are our daughter! 

You have a smile that can light up a room, and a cheerfulness that is contagious.  You're smart and have a love for learning.  You do your school work quickly and efficiently.  You're a self motivator and an achiever.

You're creative, and I love finding your pictures all over the house.  I've noticed that your drawings are becoming quite impressive.  I am thrilled that you love to sew, and wish we had more time to make things together.  I have noticed that you have a vivid imagination, which comes out in your drawings and the clothes that you sew for your stuffed animals and dolls.  You're also quite fashionable, and you are learning how to style your hair.

Daddy and I are happy to see that you have a love for music.  You're coming along well with your piano lessons, and who knows, maybe you'll pass up your mother's level soon.

You're compassionate and thoughtful.  You're loving and kind to your siblings, which of course makes Daddy and I very happy.  You serve willingly around the house. 

We have noticed your desire to be like the Savior, and have felt the spirit when you bear your testimony of the Him and His church.  We are so grateful that you have a testimony, and a love for the gospel.  We pray that you will continue to be valient and steadfast, full of faith, with a love for Heavenly Father always in your heart.

Kaitlyn we couldn't be more blessed to have you for a daughter.  You are a candle in our life.  You radiate kindness and love.  Thanks you for being you. 

We hope you have a most special 10 year birthday.  We love, love, LOVE you!!!

Love Always,
Dad and Mom


Also, I thought it would be fun to ask her a few questions, a spotlight of sorts, so that we could capture her current likes/dislikes.
 
SPOTLIGHT: (I asked her to tell me about herself)

In her own words:

I love animals.  I love babies, they're so cute!  I'm really happy that I have you and the rest of the family.  I'm creative.  I have three favorite colors-- blue, pink, and purple.  I love to sew.  I like to play outside.  My favorite food is everything, almost--  I don't like chili.  I like to play the piano.  I love to take pictures.  I love to go to Activity Days.  I like AZ because of the tumble weeds and Peter Piper Pizza.  I don't like AZ because you can get carsick in the car from the heat.  I don't like bees.  I love the sunsets here.  My favorite candy is bubble gum.  I love to go to the fair.  My favorite primary song is I Know That My Savior Loves Me.  I love it when my Daddy comes home and gives me hugs.  I'm happy to be ten because I'm finally in the double digits, and I'm not a little kid anymore (that one cracks me up).

So there you go, that's our Kaitlyn!  We're so glad she's part of our family.

Shot taken today.
Feb. 17, 2010- Kaitlyn's 10th birthday!

7 comments:

Tara said...

What an awesome birthday tribute. We love you Kaitlyn! Hope you had an awesome tenth birthday!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the opportunity to learn more about such a sweet kid. Kaitlyn is really growing up to be a beautiful young woman, and we are so blessed that she is one of our granddaughters.

You are a great mom and I really enjoy reading about your family.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Kaitlyn!

Kids grow up so fast! Love reading your blog!

Trina Barry said...

Thanks, Mom. I finding this whole family blogging thing quite fun! ;)

Rebecca said...

I love this post- Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn! She sounds wonderful and you and Aaron are great parents. (Just a plug, I'd love for you to come to Time Out For Women when Sylvia and I are there! I know I'm asking a lot, but I thought I'd ask, just in case!)

amyraye said...

yeah: double plug for time out for women at the end of april. it would be way fun to have you there!

can't believe that high-pitched squealer is 10!! wow.

she's a real beautiful girl. happy (belated) birthday, kaitlyn.

Trina Barry said...

Rebecca and Amy- thanks for the invite to the Time Out for Women. Sounds so fun, but I've gotta keep those funds in the bank for some more pressing needs. I appreciate you including me, and I'm sure I will glean something from the conference off of your blogs! I'm just thrilled we're learning so much about one another, technology is so COOL!