My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My New Haircut

First of all, I have to admit, that no matter how hard I try...pictures of me just don't come out the way they should.  When I look in the mirror I see a beautiful me.  Now that doesn't mean I think I'm perfect, if only I were.  With the camera, I see many flaws, the main one is that I'm over weight.  I'm working on that though.  I've lost 6 pounds this week, which is pretty good.  I know you're thinking that's not healthy, but I've been eating really healthily.

My daily menu has been along the lines of:

Breakfast: bowl of Special K with skim milk
Snack: orange or blueberries
Lunch: Salad, my new favorite is lettuce gree
ns, black beans, salsa, and a dallop of Guacamole
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: whatever, as long as most of it is veggies or a salad

I ran two miles today (trying to not overdo things around here, and stay injury free), and had a killer aerobics workout on Monday, and I've sqeezed in a Pilates workout as well.

I'm just glad I'm making progress.

Looking at my wedding photos is really motivating.  Anyways, here's the new hairstyle I'm sporting:

9 comments:

Leahona said...

I really like your new do! You would laugh if you saw me! My hair has gotten so long I would give your girls a run for there money! Crazy I know but I really like it. You are amazing! Great job on losing weight!

amyraye said...

i love it.
and i can relate to you on looking back at your wedding photos and "remembering when..." it's the worst when someone sees your engagment photo or wedding photo and wonders who that woman is in the photo with that guy who is clearly your husband (who has only changed for the better in his looks, after all these years). and it's especially painful when that "someone" is one of your own children. ouch.

congrats on making changes in your life that make you feel better about yourself. yay for you. :)

Unknown said...

I love your hair do. It is amazing how a new hair do can make you feel better. I have stopped coloring my hair and I love the new color (white/gray mix) and so does Dad.

Larry said...

Trina, dear...let's be clear (ooh, I'm a poet!) You make the hair do, not the other way around!

Trina Barry said...

Gee, thanks Ya'll! ;)

Anonymous said...

You look mah-velous, Dah-ling!! I love how your personality shows in the pictures. I'm not brave enough to post pictures of myself online (yet), so kudos to you for that as well!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE IT! The hair is super cute. I think you look beautiful :)

Tara said...

Your hair looks awesome! I wish I could pull off dark hair, it's gorgeous! You are inspiring me to be better about eating too, it's so easy to slack when you're pregnant.
Love all the pics, you are a ham, and I love it. :)

Unknown said...

I love your hair! So cute. I just got my hair cut also. It had gotten so bad I was wearing it in a ponytail everyday. Keep up the great work with the exercise! You can do it. I was 165 pounds in Aug of 2008 and it was the most I had ever weighed. It was then that I decided to make some real changes in my life. It has taken over 1 and 1/2 years of hard work but now I'm at 125 pounds. Slow and steady is the way to go!