My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Past Few Days

The past few days have been so busy, so I decided to stay off the computer for the most part.  My dad is moving to UT from VA, and he stayed at our house yesterday.  He arrived around 4 am.  He had been on the road for a couple of days- I was worried he might over do it, and fall asleep at the wheel.  He also was towing his van on the back of the moving truck, which really concerned me because one wheel of his van, slipped off the dolly during one point of his trip.  He made it, so the time which he arrived really didn't bother me. 

It was so nice to see him!  It's been about two years since we last saw him.  I made breakfast for him (puff oven pancakes with fruit- thanks Amy for sharing this yummy breakfast recipe) before we went to church.  He slept while we were gone, and then we ate lunch together and spent the day relaxing and chatting.  I sure love him, and I thought it was cute how he really got down on the kids level and listened to them.  Sarah gave him hugs all day, and Morgan told him one joke after another!  All of the other kids loved him as well, but it seemed to me that Sarah and Morgan were the most comfortable with him.

We had to take some pictures, but I was bummed because Christian fell asleep, so he missed the family shot.

















Christian sleeping while we took the picture.

Dad and I, boy to I love that guy!

One last "good-bye", I sure don't like saying that word.  Hopefully we'll see him soon since we live so much closer now.

4 comments:

amyraye said...

your dad looks great
i saw on tara's blog that he was coming to live with her...?
aaron looks like a chef. :)
i would feel the need to take a picture of the left-out child, too. :)

Trina Barry said...

Yes Amy, he is going to be living with her, maybe even for a few months!

He is transfering with his job, and is planning on moving to St. George when the company gets established there.

I'm hoping we'll get in some good visits while we're all living relatively closer to one another.

I see where you're coming from...Aaron does sort of look like a chef in that picture! :)

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad your dad made it safely! How nice to have him be so much closer to you!

Larry said...

Really happy for you-wonderful to have time with your dad.