My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Answers

After a week's worth of anticipation, we finally know what ward we're in.  We will be in the Vail ward.  I have a lot of mixed feelings right now with this change, but I know this is a good thing.

 I already had a friend call me tonight and she welcomed me in the ward!  I can't believe how much this small act meant to me!  She was so sweet!  I am looking forward to meeting new people, and my kids are as well.  We do feel a certain sadness, because we cherish the friendships we've made these past 18 months.

 One thing that really makes me happy, (NOT) is the fact that we still will be meeting at 8:30 AM, only now we have to drive farther (about 30 mins.)!  With the large family that I have, getting to sacrament on time, just might mean that I won't be worthy to partake of the sacrament once I get there!  JK

 As a side note, I have to admit that I am a little afraid to attend the new building.  If you remember the post about the javelinas and the stake center you'll know why-- yes, we'll be attending the stake center.  My friend, Aimee, told me that there were times when she would have to run to her car, carrying food from a dinner, for fear that she might be attacked by one .

 She also, so generously, shared with me this precious information last week:

 Me:  "Did you know that Brother Hilton saw a snake in the men's bathroom?"

Aimee:  "Well, it was probably a rattler."

Me:  "A what!?!"

Aimee:  "A rattlesnake." (she's talking in a calm voice)

Me:  "Are you serious!?!"

Aimee: "Yeah, they're all over the place!  One time I was buckling my kids in the car when I heard a rattle and saw a snake slide under my van.  I had to go in and ask a guy to help me get the rattlesnake out from under my car.  He came out with a broomstick and a bucket."

Me:  "Really?"

Aimee: "Yep, and you really have to be careful when you walk in the entrance to the stake offices because they like to hang out there."

 I just couldn't believe it!  I thought how dangerous and scary is that!  What if some poor little, unexpecting child decides to play in the bushes!  My imagination really started to get the better of me, and now I am seriously frightened!  So if something happens to me, just know that I love you guys! Hmmm, maybe it's time to get the will in order or go inactive!

9 comments:

Larry said...

I think I'd start wearing my combat boots to church! I have an extra pair if you'd like me to send them to you. :-)

Kat said...

Yikes! Javelinas (which I have never heard of before your blog and rattlers!) A test of faith for sure. Are you and Charlotte still in the same ward?

Lolly said...

Great! Now I have an image of you in combat boots squashing snakes and kicking Javelinas...I like the image of you on an island MUCH better!

Tara said...

Time to move to Utah! :)

Tara said...

BTW, I saw that a restaurant called Dickey's BBQ Pit has $1 pulled pork bbq sandwiches on Mondays during Jan. & Feb. We don't have one here, but there is one in Tucson, maybe you've tried it. I looove me some bbq, so thought I'd share.

Leahona said...

That's one reason I tend to stay away from deserts!! With the awesome winters you have I guess it can't all be perfect. Good luck and stay safe!!

Amanda said...

Good luck in your new ward! Don't worry too much about rattlesnakes. They tend to leave you alone if you leave them alone, or so I've heard. Haven't seen one yet though.

The Kemps said...

I'm so sorry!!! I totally didn't even think that you might end up at the stake center. If it's any consolation I've only seen the rattlers outside of the stake offices at night!

Trina Barry said...

Aimee- for some reason, that doesn't make me feel any better (you know I'm just kidding)...

Dad- yes, please send them asap-- I hope they don't clash with my sunday clothes too much.

Kat- yes, Charlotte and I are still in the same ward.

Tara- thanks for the bbq tip. I'm so going to check that out, and Utah is really appealing to me right now.

Lorena- I agree, I'm more the chillin' by the beach kid of girl, NOT so much the indiana jones gal.

Leahona- yes winters are nice here, and a bit safer as well.