My Current Favorite Sciptures:


Current Favorite Scriptures:
Ps. 31:24
24 Be of a good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day, Multiplied

It's amazing how we went from this:


to this:

in just 14 1/2 years!

When I look at those photos of just Aaron and I, I have a tendency to long for our youth!  I love looking back at our wedding photos and it helps me remember "why" I'm doing all of this (a wife and mother).

I met the most handsome guy when I was just 14 years old, and have been smitten by him ever since!  We are like two peas-in-a-pod, bestfriends!  We've had our ups and downs, but we've stayed together, and through it all we've grown.  We're communicating better these days, becoming less selfish.  Trying harder to show one another how much we love the other, and then trickling that love down to our kids.

Today was a delightful Valentine's Day!  We made cards for the children, and for each other.  We called the whole family together.  The kids listened while we read our cards to one another, and expressed how much we love each other.

We gave the kids their cards and told them why we love each of them.  Then they had the opportunity to say why they love us, and their siblings.

This was a special moment.

I think we all realized just how much we love each other and this activity truly brought us closer. 

We're so blessed to have each other, and every single one of the precious spirits our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the wedding picture and the current picture! Aaron looks like such a baby in the wedding pic :) Your kids are so cute and you can see the love in your family. I wish that we lived closer!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful day full of love. It is really fun to compare photos from different time periods and see how much we grow and change, and the kids look great.

Trina Barry said...

Thanks Mom and Rebecca!

Tara said...

That is really cute you guys read the Valentines to each other w/ the kids, so cute I probably would have cried (I do cry about everything when I'm pregnant, but still). Yep, that wedding day does not seem very long ago, I remember it vividly. I think the story in between the two is so cool. You guys are awesome!

Sylvia said...

Trina, what a wonderful post! Thanks so much for sharing. It's always nice to see where we have been, where we are now, and to be able to look forward to where we are going in life!